Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pics of new dash gauges 86 ea82t

wow man that thing looks nice:D Someone put some guages in my 86 turbosedan in the same spot but it looks pretty bad. Maybe I'll have to do something similar to yours so it helps clean it up a bit. Oh and question, how did you get that plate to mount in there? I see the screws but I can't figure it out

The black material that I used to mount the gauges to is road sign aluminum, my dad works in construction so he always has road sign sitting around, I think it is 1/16th thick. You can also find this material at a steel supply or OSH or something like that. Thanks nut for the tip on where to find it, I never thought of useing plastic, but it would be easier to work with.

First I made an autocad template from some measurements of the opening. Made the drawing as acurate as possible. Printed out the template and glued it on the alluminum, cut it out then trimmed it to fit, took a while.

Ah yes the hold down bolts that was a little bit of a streach, basically I made extentions for the bolts with coathangers. Original bolt lenth 1 inch, finished lenght, 6 inches. I cut out the bottom of the storage compartment except for the corners. drilled holes in the corners and put the bolts through the whole shabang! I hope that makes sense, I forgot to take any pics of the altered case.

Subi, very clean instal, looks factory.

I made a smaller plate and mounted my boost gage,

A/F ratio, and digital voltmeter

The problem I had was they hard too watch while driving.

I remounted them in a A pillar pod and put not quite as

often checked gages in it. ( trans temp, fuel pressure, and ammeter)

A pillar pod mounts are available at Jegs.

nugauges.jpg

Ya Skip I totaly agree it is a little bit of a strech to watch them while driving, But I couldn't think of any other place to mount them.

I had no idea they made A piller monts that fit subaru trim. Maybe I will have to look into that.

Skip where did you get that digital volt meter? that is pretty nice

i think the pillar pods are the universal kind. they also sell them at auto zone. i bought one and mounted it, but it didnt look good enough for me so one of my airframer buddies is going to use it as a template to make one out of fiberglass for me. ill let everyone know how it turns out.