Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi all from another NW Loyale

Hi all -

I just purchased a 90 Loyale from BratClay thanks to this great site! He did an excellent job dropping a newer tranny in for me and a new clutch. She needs a new exhaust, but even as wrench-challenged as I am, I think I can figure that out.

I was driving a nice newer Ford Escape but the thing had NO soul. Electric Everything was getting on my nerves. My '90 Loyale is just what I wanted and we should have a lot of years and fun together!

As for my family - My wife knew before marrying me that a 1982 DL wagon was my first car and knew I always wanted another one. My son (10) thinks it's the coolest car ever, and my daughter (7) is ashamed to be picked up from school in it (just like I wanted- knock the entitlement syndrome down a bit...).

Kait, (my daughter) didn't even know what a manual window crank was... :confused:Kids these days.

IMAG0507.jpg

Edited by Naegling

The hood needs re-shot with clear coat as it's peeling... but that's a minor thing to me. Needs a new muffler and the bumper straightened/raised (I figure I'll do it with the extrication tool at work... lol). I need a fan resistor too as only 3 and 4 work right now.

The interior is in pretty good shape for being a 20 year old 4x4 from the NW... I imagine its been rode hard and put away wet a few times. The back seat has a couple crayons ground in, and the front's are pretty dirty, but I think it adds to the character... :lol: Other than that, its in very good shape. Oh, the drivers seat belt is pretty frayed in one spot but still very functional, I'll be replacing that soon.

I'll see if I can get some pics up.

Here's a couple more of the exterior.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Naegling/NewStuff#

Welcome to the board! Nice wagon , thats a funny story about your kid and the window:lol: , sounds like me showing my boys how to cue up a record! You guys in the great NW have it made. A friend of ours just moved up there today , we want to go visit her sometime - I told my wife we are going to fly one way so I can bring home another Subaru!:grin: