Ultimate Subaru Message Board

74 gl 1600

Look at what we dragged home yesterday. It had been sitting in a barn for ten or twenty years. The right rear wheel was locked up during the entire tow. It finally went flat on us after dragging it for a couple mile's. The engine turns over fine. We pulled the spark plugs and sprayed some PB Blaster into the cylinder's first. Almost got it started, but the Weber on it need's a rebuild kit badly. We'll probably have to remove the gas tank and clean it out. Fuel line's, fuel filter and fuel pump no doubt need attention also. A couple retired guy's just having fun.

Edited by darsdoug
added another line or two.

I just received a cybermail from Todd and he said he got it running today. He just put four new spark plugs in it and gapped the point's at .018 and Whammo! it started right up. Wish I could have been there to hear it run but I'm back down here in south Seattle at my apt. I'm going to help him prep it and spray it. No rattle can job either. He has a compressor. :banana:

hey Doug,thanks for posting the pictures.i can never figure it out. now to repair the attempted lowrider job.someone took the strut apart and removed the spring on the passenger side.its a lowrider for sure now. i jacked it up and carefully incerted a piece of doug fir so now it looks even just sidding there.i'll run down a strut or two. we'll get her cruzing again.i want to paint it the original LSD Yellow.that wierd yellow green kinda, sorta yellow submarine lookin thing.anyway its stashed in a my barn now...c ya,todd:banana: i love that dancing banana!!