Ultimate Subaru Message Board

MY LIL' ROO (93' legacy wagon) !! w/ new pics !!

iamvandemon

still not workin. try goin to the FAQ and then scroll down to where you see general forum usage under the heading Board FAQ. once you click on the general forum usage. scroll down to the bottom to the heading Reading and posting messages. Then click on attachments and images.That should help you out.

I used:

SJR 3" lift kit

98' Legacy Outback Struts

92' - 94' dodge shadow 5X100 16"x6" rims

7.00-16 NDT Non-Directional Military Tires

I cut 16" out of the back bringing the bumper 17" closer to the rear tires.

No significant power change.

And thanks for posting my pics.. I had given up on it.

also I dont know what the "Any comparisons to a D/R?" question means.

Edited by iamvandemon

Could I Ask about the Shortened Back... Was it for Off-Roadin' Purposses? ... to have a Better Angle?

The short Legacy Looks Nice! :)

To Post pics here very Easily, first Upload them to a Photo Host Site like Photobucket, then Open there the Pic and do a Right Click / Copy.

Then: To post the Pic here, just Right Click / Paste it in the Post.

Kind Regards.

This car was gifted to me by an old farmer who had it sitting out in a field for a year or so cuz he had given up on it. It had 200k and wouldn’t run.

I got it running well again and sold it to an acquaintance. When I sold it to him, I told him to change the timing belt asap cuz it probably had the original one in it.

About two years and 40k miles later, he gave it back to me because the timing belt had broke and it needed a new exhaust. Actually the timing belt hadn’t broken... at first. The idlers bearings had run dry and bent and half tore its mounting bolt out of the block, and that had shredded the belt.

I figured that having been given the car twice was a sign that the abused rust bucket was meant to stay with me. I didn’t need another car though, so I decided to take it off road.

Now to answer your question, yes, I cut the back to give myself better clearance and increase my angle. I have a lot of other ideas and things I intend to do to it, just a matter of time and luck.

I want to move the exhaust. I would have liked to run it over the axle type cross members, but the tank is in the way. Any one have any really good ideas of where to put it to get it away from the ground. I do run this thing on the road in winter so I do have to keep the exhaust.

• 10 months later...

My trans wont go into Park. Any Ideas? The Shift linkage is in one peice still and I tried to move the lever on the side of the trans into park by hand but it wouldnt go. Is there an external senser that would keep it from shifting?

Has anyone had one of these '4EAT' auto trans apart? What internal parts would keep the gear select lever from moving into the Park position?

Thanks,

Van