Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rarest Old-School Subaru Part or Option?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but those RX and RS are Sedans, and came without saying "Loyale" on their door's moldings, only "Subaru" or "Leone", Since it is Supposed that the Name "Loyale" existed after 1990 only.

But, this is a Turbo coupe, Not a sedan, and is pre-1990 ... That is why it is very Rare, saying "Loyale:o it seems no one has noticed that, but me...

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Yes, but those RX and RS are Sedans, and came without saying "Loyale" on their door's moldings, only "Subaru" or "Leone", Since it is Supposed that the Name "Loyale" existed after 1990 only.

But, this is a Turbo coupe, Not a sedan, and is pre-1990 ... That is why it is very Rare, saying "Loyale" :oit seems no one has noticed that, but me...

Kind Regards.

The usdm loyale rs only came as a 3door runabout, not all of them were turbo(some spfi). And the side moldings still said loyale. It had just stickers saying rs. Looked exactly like that photo but red and with a black rear spoiler. They are fairly rare might have only been a 1990 option. Think gl10 coupe badged loyale.

But pre1990 loyale is an oddity for sure.

Edited by Ibreakstuff

Are you sure that coupe isn't just a mid to late 1989 production but model year 1990? If named loyale, it would have to be from the new world(us/canada/chile? listed as importing loyales). They were called L-series in europe/australia right?

Edited by Ibreakstuff

Are you sure that coupe isn't just a mid to late 1989 production but model year 1990? If named loyale, it would have to be from the new world(us/canada/chile?). They were called L-series in europe/australia right?

We never got the coupe/3 door in Australia and while they are known as L Series this just refers to the model range.The current Legacy/Liberty is still an 'L Series'.

I would agree that the Loyale coupe shown is most likely a MY90 built in 1989. In Australia from 1989 our L Series sedan was called a Leone Royale... Not IMHO a very appealing name!

Edited by Leeroy

A royale with cheese? (pulp fiction ref)

That sucks you guys didn't get any 3doors, didn't realize that. In NZ did they call them omega's?

I checked my 1990 loyale FSM's, the usdm 1990 loyale rs only came as awd. And only turbo+4eat, spfi+3at, or spfi+5mt.

... I checked my 1990 loyale FSM's, the usdm 1990 loyale rs only came as awd. And only turbo+4eat, spfi+3at, or spfi+5mt.

This is Getting even More interesting ... :o ...

According to the Owner, that Subaru Turbo Coupe is a 1988 Model, that says: "Loyale" and in fact it is from Europe; the owner lives in Spain. All that information was posted in Spanish in another Subaru Club named "Club Subaru Todoterreno" where I am also; that club is from Spain. Let me re-post what he wrote about that 1988 "Loyale" Turbo Coupe:

Buenas , soy de Cuellar , en Segovia y a parte de un wrx con el que he ido a la nacional de Club Subaru España , también he conseguido un Subaru Leone Loyale del 88 que a pesar de ser coupe , los anteriores dueños lo usaban para hacer un poquejo el cabroncete ......jajaja....tiene una valbula de escape rota y tengo que repararlo . Pero cuando este apañado habrá que ir por ahí a dar guerra . A ver si podéis ayudarme en ese apartado del Subaru clásico . Lo dicho un un placer señores .

This is the Direct link to that informative post:

~► http://clubsubarutodocamino.com/forum/topics/encantederrimo-senores

Which translated (by me) to english, says:

Hello, I'm from Cuellar, Segovia and beside a WRX on which I've went to the National Meeting of the Spain's Subaru Club, also I've obtained a Subaru Leone Loyale from '88, which despite that is a Coupe, the previous owners used it to do a little to the little bastard .....hahaha..... it has a torn exhaust valve and I've to repair it. But as soon as it gets fixed I shall go around and act up. Maybe you can help me with this classic Subaru subject. It was a pleasure, sirs...

And even more interesting: a link to his complete Pictures Gallery:

~► http://clubsubarutodocamino.com/photo/album/show?id=1356688%3AAlbum%3A133225&xg_source=activity

Let me know what do you think about this Unicorn...

Kind Regards.

Hrmm, I'd be interested to see what Vin it has. Definitely a cool car, perhaps they were running low on edm trim on the line and just grabbed some newly injected moldings destined for the usdm market? We have seen stranger things.

I love the 3door tho, my favorite chassis. I have 3 ATM lol, 2x 56b RX's and a 55b gl10 turbo. My wife hates them ROFL.

Looking at the pic gallery, it literally has the exact same interior as my 1887 gl turbo. Even the blue seats and door cards.

Edited by Ibreakstuff

I thought that an 1988 turbo coupe sold in Europe, that came factory sayin "Loyale" on the Doors was impressive and weird, but this...

...would be a winner oddball, if really existed:P LoL

Kind Regards.

Hahaha, 1887... Yea its a 3 door and a wagon.. you know pulled by a horse. I admit to typing faster than my brain works.

• Like 1

Anyone ever see a little sheet metal cover over the water pump snout/shaft? Came on a car without AC, where the plastic fan bolts to the water pump, EA 82. I had one but sold it with the car.

Doug

I have one, my electric fan quit, so, I had to get the one that goes on the pump. Still ahve the mittle metal cover in a box though.

In Oz, always thought the Leone tag badge was only for sedans that were FWD.

For convenience at after market places we called anything a Leone just to ID the thing. Then the 4WD wagons (2WD rare -as) just never had Leone badges until yesterday :P - saw the badge on a 4WD auto carby wagon.

I thought the Royale - FWD mpfi sedans were just a celebratory thing for the Royal wedding, not simply post 1990 models as Lee suggests. Have seen a few Royales and they had the RX rubber ducktail bootlid spoiler - maybe ftted after RX and GLTA stopped sales here ??

I could well be wrong about the Royale being a celebratory car. One Royal wedding was pre 86, another mid 86 (got booked twice in an hour for speeding the day after) then not until 1999 for Edwards. Other makes here had Royal special models - one was a luxo top of the line Japanese - Nissan Royale Saloon or some such and I think another was a slow selling 4 cylinder version of a I6 or V8 family car made in Oz - and sold to the New Zealanders :P , which is probably when they revolted and imported the used Japanese rockets we can only dream about here :)

A nice little reference site for Aus DM cars is here

http://myrta.com/rvd/

but be aware it has operating hours !

Edited by jono

Anybody ever come across a Vortex with a rear window spoiler at the top of the rear window, I saw one today but was driving so was not able to get a photo, have looked and could not find anything on such an accessory, Sure did look neat though  it was horizontal and about maybe 6 inches in length.

What do you think about this Subaru EA82 Turbo Coupe, 

that says "Loyale" on the Doors' trims?

1655329_652397231472975_63604442_o.jpg

I'm curious why everyone is assuming that the door trims are even original. They're only held on by a couple of clips on the later models.

It's a 15 year old car :P If you've driven in Spain, you might understand what I mean.

I've got a Series 2 Touring wagon which I'm going to be putting Series 1 mouldings on (cos I've got "Subaru" mouldings from an RX Turbo, and the paint line join on the front bumper looks crap on the Series 2 with our differently positioned front indicators)

I'm curious why everyone is assuming that the door trims are even original...

Well. beside the owner that states this is Original (Follow the links to his posts, above), being phisically in Europe, where is supposed that no Subaru were ever Sold with the "Loyale" name, and imagining the problem to get a Trim that fits on the Coupe with the "Loyale" name from overseas, for both doors... seems legit to think it was sold like that from factory.

Maybe it was a Display Model in 1988, perhaps?  :confused: 

Kind Regards.

Well. beside the owner that states this is Original (Follow the links to his posts, above), being phisically in Europe, where is supposed that no Subaru were ever Sold with the "Loyale" name, and imagining the problem to get a Trim that fits on the Coupe with the "Loyale" name from overseas, for both doors... seems legit to think it was sold like that from factory.

Maybe it was a Display Model in 1988, perhaps?  :confused: 

Kind Regards.

The problems of getting trim? It's called "online auction sites" using the internet :P Makes the world smaller. I've got a factory ground effects kit from a Coupe shipped here from the US via this forum ;)

Who's to know what previous owners have really done to our cars (and hence how "oringal" they really are)?

I'm a bit surprised to see the full time 4wd trans with centre diff lock with only single range. We only got that trans in the Vortex (XT). The Vortex was the only full time 4wd Subaru available in Oz until the Liberty (Legacy) :(

Edited by wagonist

its a splash shield for the distributor and carb.

I have/had one on mine, last i checked but it might have fallen out.

No it's not. There were problems in 81 or 82 with the fuel Peculation. The cover was to keep the heat from the Radiator off the Carb. there were a number of different things that were done as a recall, the problem was due to using a Carb with a ECM. We found it best to kill the power to the ECM. Subaru of America never knew this though.