Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rarest Old-School Subaru Part or Option?

I bet that those tiny threaded holes are intended for placing the Base for a Switch, but I am almost Sure that such Switch was Not intended for the Factory Halogen Lamps, because the Factory Switch for those Halogens, came on the Dashboard; as you can see it in previous posts of this thread, also here:

Fotos-0124.jpg

So, could those be intended to mount a Switch for some kind of Factory Alarm System?

Actually, that isn't the "factory" switch for the front fog lamps, it's for the dealer fitted option fog lights (tho it might be for American specs cars)

The factory fitted one (well at least JDM) sits in the bank of 6 beside the cluster between the steering wheel & door. Its the bottom left switch on RHD.

I'll try to get a pic of the S1 version I've got at home. It has to be that because the series 1 GL wagons had a separate locking switch for the tailgate (which smart people remove because it allows you to break into the car in about 4 seconds :( )

It's a possible fitment on Series 2, but I've seen a full spec JDM turbo wagon with it still up the top, and not in the position where this switch should go.

• Like 1

...The factory fitted one (well at least JDM) sits in the bank of 6 beside the cluster between the steering wheel & door...

Yes, I Agree... I've seen it also, but please share the photos here.

I was referring to the "Automatic Cover" Halogen Lamps, So it was my mistake for not explaining that I thought that the Switch pictured above, must be for the Halogen's Automatic Cover, Also that same switch came on the Subaru Alcyone XT6. 

10662222_761438263902204_385679171642690

Or could those Automatic Cover Halogens, had another switch in another placement?

I see a Rocker switch between the Halogen Lamps in the photo above,

but it could be Aftermarket...

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

I thought that the Switch powered the Automatic Cover, because it bears the same symbol from the Older Switches that Powered the Cover on the Third-Eyed EA81's, See:

I've seen in other threads, Photos of Switches for the "Third Eye" Lamps, a feature for the Second Gen Leone / Brat; the emblem at the middle of the Grille, tilted to show a Hiding Halogen; these are some of said Switches for such lamp, also known as Passing Lamp:

Old-SchoolSwitches.jpg

But the Day I found a Subaru GL-10 Turbo Sedan on a Local Junk Yard, I grabbed many of its parts...

Fotos-0124.jpg

With same Symbol than the Third Eye ones above..

Anyone has more information about that?

Kind Regards.

Found some on the Ausubaru forum

Series 2:

IMG_20141016_144050.jpg

Series 1 (a bit harder to see, but also on the bottom left):

1912337_10153262244974745_1735834687842919813_n.jpg?oh=8c81e670279782024bc7af864945ba2b&oe=54F144F5

The automatic covers are simply that, automatic. You press the switch and the power for the light raises the cover. When the power is disconnected, they lower. The only extra wire is permanent power for the motors.

• Like 3

Found some on the Ausubaru forum...

The automatic covers are simply that, automatic. You press the switch and the power for the light raises the cover. When the power is disconnected, they lower. The only extra wire is permanent power for the motors.

That makes sense.

Thank you for sharing the Photos and the information,

So the Switch pictured above, which I found on an Early Local GL-10 Turbo EA82 Sedan,

Could have been a Dealer installed Fog Lights... that switch was also used on XT / XT6 as far as I know.

Kind Regards.

That RX looks so mint.

Recently gave one of those louvres to someone else who helped me out.

I think another mate still has the touring wagon version I had (he bought the wreck of a car I wrote off). I should get it back from him...

Very 80s & very Australian :P

• 1 month later...

Found some on the Ausubaru forum

Series 2:

IMG_20141016_144050.jpg

Series 1 (a bit harder to see, but also on the bottom left):

1912337_10153262244974745_17358346878429

Is that Height button for the hydraulic suspension we didn't get here in the states?  It would be nice to see the flip up lights on the ea82!

All you guys are awesome in this thread.  I learned so much....

Thank You:) 

Is that Height button for the hydraulic suspension we didn't get here in the states? ...

I'm not sure if the Hydraulic suspension was available in USA,

seems like Very Few of the Older models might got that ... :confused: ...

I recall a thread about one EA81 with Hydraulic Suspension here; 

The rest that came with "Height" adjust, had Pneumatic suspension.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

• 1 month later...
The second gen Subaru Rex, a front engine, two cylinder mini car that later inspired the creation of the Subaru Justy; is a very special Car, the ones who own one of those in Honduras, said to me that they'll never sell their Rex, because it usually never fails and moves with the mere "Odor" of the Gasoline... The Subaru Rex could be considered a 3/4 Justy, despite that the Rex was built before the Justy. 

The Subaru Rex was the Front Wheel Drive only model, while the same car but with 4WD, was known as Subaru Sherpa.

Let me share here, a couple of photos of local (Honduran) Subaru Rex:

Rex%203.jpg

Honduran%20Old%20Rex.jpg

Recently, I found a List of optional accessories, available in Australia, for that Subaru:

_57%209.jpg

Is that Height button for the hydraulic suspension we didn't get here in the states?  It would be nice to see the flip up lights on the ea82!

no, it was the switch for the pneumatic suspension. Which was ditched a while ago due to the airbags being too expensive to buy from Subaru.

Flip up lights? You mean like on the XT/Vortex? urggh :P I think the nose of those is way too long

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For rare parts, I found an accent piece that I've heard is pretty rare.  I'm going to someday get the top of my dash done (it has nasty sun splits in it), and when I do, I actually have a brand new replacement bezel piece for the front (where it wraps around the vents, radio, instruments) for my 86 XT.  Gonna wait until it's ready, and then get the new beauty face put on that baby!

Only 125K miles, but dang..........still going STRONG!

• 2 months later...