Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rarest Old-School Subaru Part or Option?

But Beside the Rear Wiper, and other ammenities,

Some of those Luxury Gen III Subaru Leone 1.8 GT came with

Factory Halogens, Headlamp Washers and "Subaru Window Visor"

mrsyowajp-img600x450-1135491182lonn1.jpg

Take a Look at the Side Windows' Top

mrsyowajp-img600x450-1135491201lonn1.jpg

That was an Option for the Three Generations of Subaru Leone

in JDM and Few other Markets.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

I've seen one USMB Member's Subaru with Those "Subaru Window Visor" accesories,

it is the Really Beautiful STi Swapped Leone, which belongs to Nico.

IMG_3767.jpg

He obtained his Window Visors from Japan:

1CDD0057-794E-447F-868D-078664F3564D-21226-000002403E7C610E.jpg

34ECF8B4-981F-4FC1-9EE8-A2B2AA38D95F-21226-000002407E1C5B33.jpg

5AA5D9A6-CBBE-4EC2-92F9-530317546E78-21226-000002409263AECF.jpg

B095938F-3631-4FF7-AEA9-FFBF50EC2BCB-21226-000002408B8080BD.jpg

This Photos Belongs to Nico's Amazing Subie, Here is a Link to his Build Thread:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1147271&postcount=219

Kind Regards.

This is not a Rare Part or Option, but the Whole Subaru is Rare,

The "Vintage Looking" Subarus, from the Late 1990 Decade,

When everything Pre-Millenium tend to Look "Vintage" in that Era:

Subaru CasaBlanca:

6926259889_cbe9d3e560_o.jpg

impreza_casa_blanca_1.jpg

SubaruCasablanca01-1.jpg

SubaruCasablanca02.jpg

The Subaru CasaBlanca, was a "Vintage Looking" Luxury Edition of the Impreza.

• 1 month later...

They were and mine is a Yellow Superwinch. There is no rating on it that I could see, but I think they were only rated at 1000 or 1500 pounds.

I remember a guy who used to be on this board many years ago, found a brand new on, still in the box, with all the wiring and instructions...

I'll see if I can get some pictures of mine...

for pure usage, you can probably get a better newer one that not 30 years old :)

These late 1980s/Early 1990s optional L-series KN alloys for the UK market are pretty rare; I've never seen them on any other car - possible because nearly all L-series were bought by farmers. I have only 3 badly damaged centre-caps - all missing their thin stick-on Subaru logos so I'm going to make some new ones. The wheels were in a bad state when I bought them but after a huge amount of work they are now ready for paint.

51f493ff.jpg

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

I've seen in other threads, Photos of Switches for the "Third Eye" Lamps, a feature for the Second Gen Leone / Brat; the emblem at the middle of the Grille, tilted to show a Hiding Halogen; these are some of said Switches for such lamp, also known as Passing Lamp:

Old-SchoolSwitches.jpg

But the Day I found a Subaru GL-10 Turbo Sedan on a Local Junk Yard, I grabbed many of its parts, but something interesting is that in the Place were normally is placed the Switch for the Rear Gate on the Wagons, this sedan had this one:

Fotos-0124.jpg

With same Symbol than the Third Eye ones above. The Question is:

Does this Switch found on a EA82T Sedan, powered the Factory Under Bumper Halogens?

Kind Regards.

I Really Like that Rubber "Spoiler" it fits better the Third Gen Leone (EA82) design than the Older "Metallic Wing" which was inherited from the Second Gen Leone (EA81) era.

Could you post here, Please, Photos of your Digital Climate Control Unit:) 

I am finding the Auto trans on the EA82 is pretty rare. ...

Without counting on FWD \ 4WD / AWD availability, the Automatic transmissions offered on the EA82 were three (3) as far as I Know:

One is the Common Three Speed known as 3AT

Also the Optional electronic controlled 4EAT

Designed by JATCO (Japan Automatic Transmissions Company) This transmission was used in production vehicles First on the Subaru EA82 GL-10 and then in the first gen Nissan Pathfinder; Being successful, the 4EAT were modified to suit other vehicles, such like the Legacy, some Fords, mazdas and Kias, (re-named as F-4EAT) etc... The Different car makers does its own design changes and gear ratio differences, but the Original design idea persist, and is still in production for certain models up to date.

More Info Here: ~► http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Subaru_transmissions#4EAT

Portapapeles01.jpg

The Third was a Rare Variant of the 4EAT named ACT-4-E-4AT available in the JDM and other select markets for the Subaru EA82 Turbo models known as the "RX-II" (Sedan) and the "GT-II" (Wagon); those were the Top of the Line then, and could be ordered with such digital controls on the Dashboard, as you can see on the photo below:

LeoneOptions.gif

See this Sales Brochure for details, there you could read

"ACT-4-E-4AT" on Transmissions' list for Automatic, and

"4WD-5MT" for the Manual, look under "1.8 GT/II":

LeoneEst_1-2.jpg

Their Digital intrument Clusters has the

Automatic Transmission Gears on their Display,

Plus the Dual Range (LO) 4WD light, :o 

as you can see on this Photo:

2012-11-11190552.jpg

Could this be a Confirmation of what Lukas Wrote around ten years ago,

of Dual Range Automatic Subarus in Austria? 

In austria there were 2 different types of the 4EAT available.

A 4 speed automatic tranny single range and a 4 speed automatic tranny
with dual range
and 100% lock differential in the middle.

I do not know if these 2 types were available in the US.

L

As you can see Here: ~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/26031-1993-loyale-4wd-auto/?p=211122

Such GT-II model Featured a Speed control Knob for the Intermitent Wiper Blades:

2012-11-18155206.jpg

And Manually Adjustable Struts:

2012-11-18154947.jpg

I Bet those Features could be at Top of the List on the

Rarest optional equipment on a EA82 Subaru; isn't it?

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

• 3 weeks later...

As far as steering wheel adapters, I once just cut all the stuff off an old wheel down to the hub and drilled & tapped for the aftermarket. But that was on an Opel GT that I put a '63 Olds aluminum 215 CI V8 in... I may try that for my recent EA81 purchase (the wheel adapter, not the 215) I'll let you know!

• Like 1

IBut the Day I found a Subaru GL-10 Turbo Sedan on a Local Junk Yard, I grabbed many of its parts, but something interesting is that in the Place were normally is placed the Switch for the Rear Gate on the Wagons, this sedan had this one:

Fotos-0124.jpg

With same Symbol than the Third Eye ones above. The Question is:

Does this Switch found on a EA82T Sedan, powered the Factory Under Bumper Halogens?

Kind Regards.

that's an XT6 foglight button - exactly.  all XT6's have those, maybe they were used in other models or transferred over, but they're readily available from XT6's.

• 2 weeks later...

Loyale 2.7 Turbo:

The climate aircon unit I had suited an 85, Series 1 model. It looked identical to the pic you posted for the RX II Turbo 4wd except that the entire face of the push button area was grey, with a black line outline of the "switches". The digital temp readout was orange (where the fans switch is for the early models & the "air recirculating" switch on the later one.

Looked a heck of a lot better with the wiper switch still in position instead of that blanking plate for the removed fan/AirCon switch.

The JDM "half-cut" I bought (for A$1000 in 1998!) was from a fully optioned RX turbo sedan. Climate air, cruise control, front fog lamps, headlamp washers, variable intermittent wipers, digital dash, trip computer, power mirrors, rear wiper (yes for a sedan), 3AT part  time 4wd. Only problem was that it only has 85 000km on it. So when it clocked over 100 000km 1 year later, the odometer got stuck. 14 years without the 1st digit rolling over was too much :P Had to pull the speedo cable to home (another 300km away in the Aus outback), then remove & dismantle the cluster to fix it...

There was no dual range automatic. They simply used the same digital cluster in both the manual & autos, hence the light is there.

The Digital cluster picture you've shown is from a manual trans car. The gear selector display is always there on both, but the autos have a box around the number/letter that show which is currently selected.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, the Koni thing is aftermarket, not factory. I've got inserts fitted inside my factory Toyota struts. Suspension shops can do this work quite easily (well, here anyway).

They cut open the factory struts & then fit the inserts inside, bolted through the bottom with a locking sleeve on the top.

Especially useful for the height adjustable struts on the earlier models ;)

Oh yeah, the Koni thing is aftermarket, not factory. I've got inserts fitted inside my factory Toyota struts. Suspension shops can do this work quite easily (well, here anyway).

They cut open the factory struts & then fit the inserts inside, bolted through the bottom with a locking sleeve on the top.

Especially useful for the height adjustable struts on the earlier models ;)

Yeah there in a offcenter strut top as well.  Not factory.  But cool.  Those would be nice to help with the camber issue on these cars.

• Like 1