Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rarest Old-School Subaru Part or Option?

• 2 months later...

Second link is the one that says it has ABS as a feature, wonder if its the first and only EA subaru in the world that has them, or the guy doesn't know what ABS stands for...

Also the first link has a vehicle thats a DL yet it has a dual range manual transmission?? does that even exist stock or has it been changed?

Edited by Subasaurus
  • Like 1

Stock for certain markets, the DL has MPFi instead the SPFi.

The Brakes were also Different for certain countries ... :o

as you can see in the Parts Book found on the Local Subaru Dealer:

I Took a Look to his Parts Catalog and is very Very Beefy,

it Lists all the Parts for the Main Markets where Subaru Sold Different Versions,

of the EA82, in Example this Brakes' Page list options, available for Sweden only:

IMG1471A.jpg

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

I think that ABS brakes in this ad is wrong information. None of the L-series car does not have ABS brakes.

My point was the the body kit. The body kits for Leone is very rare in here.

There was similar L-series Leone wagon for sale couple years ago in germany. It was green and had that same bodykit as in that red sedan. I prefer the factory body kit but as tjani said those are super rare in here. 

Subasaurus, just because Subaru of America decided to not put dual range in your vehicles, doesn't mean other didn't ;)

Aus only got single range (ie push button 4wd) on the 85 models. After that, everything that was manual & 4wd had dual range.

I think that body kit wasn't a factory fit. Maybe a dealer fit option.

I know of 1 car here with ABS, but it was retro-fitted. Was thinking about it myself before I went back to 4 stud brakes.

It also only takes 1 very minor change for a part to become specific to a region. Doesn't mean that they're not interchangeable. Aus cars for a while required a certain amount of local manufacturer input before they become exempt from import limits. A lot of the time, this was brake rotors & calipers.

Edited by wagonist

• 4 months later...

Long ago, I saw online, photos of a third gen Subaru Leone (EA82) / Loyale, with Fog Lights that seemed to be somehow, "Built-in" to the grille, but I never had the chance to look at photos that shows detailed angles to be completely sure about that; but today I came across this photos, shared by Rienk van der Ploeg, at one of the many Facebook's Subaru groups.

This is a Photo of his nice Subie, which is an EA71 (1600) european third gen:

Rienk%20van%20der%20Ploeg%201.jpg

A Closer look to the special Grille:

Rienk%20van%20der%20Ploeg%202.jpg

I sign the Photos that are hosted on my behalf, on my account at the Photobucket servers, to whom I pay an annual fee, to allow these Photos to be seen here and share with you.

Could that be an Aftermarket Grille, or maybe an Special Option for certain European Countries?

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

one of my parts cars had rectangular foglights in the grill, it was cut out by some previous owner though and rigged to work, i thought it was ugly and ridiculous, but now that i see a picture here very similar, wonder if whoever installed the ones on my parts car were trying to recreate the actual rare stock option as you see in this picture...

im a believer that this grill in the picture is a true genuine Subaru rare part.

Edited by Subasaurus
  • Like 1

one of my parts cars had rectangular foglights in the grill, it was cut out by some previous owner though and rigged to work...

I'll like to see Photos of that modified grille, as long as you can; only to compare the level of achievement from the one who did the Modification, with the Actual special grille.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but that's not a rare part. Every turbo model available here (which wasn't many :( ) had one. JDM turbo wagon I've got came with one also. Currently got it removed. Can get a pic of it tonight.

Are you writing about the special grille with integrated Fog lamps,

or about the Metal + Rubber Lip / Spoiler?  :confused: 

• 2 weeks later...

Subasaurus, just because Subaru of America decided to not put dual range in your vehicles, doesn't mean other didn't ;)

Aus only got single range (ie push button 4wd) on the 85 models. After that, everything that was manual & 4wd had dual range.

I think that body kit wasn't a factory fit. Maybe a dealer fit option.

I know of 1 car here with ABS, but it was retro-fitted. Was thinking about it myself before I went back to 4 stud brakes.

It also only takes 1 very minor change for a part to become specific to a region. Doesn't mean that they're not interchangeable. Aus cars for a while required a certain amount of local manufacturer input before they become exempt from import limits. A lot of the time, this was brake rotors & calipers.

err, my 87 Vortex has a manual 4WD but not dual range, so not everything

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...