Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I Finally Got Lifted! Now With More Vitamins! Pics!

Vegablade

Well with the help of Jeff, Rick, and Dan, who are awesome by the way, i finally got a lifted wagon.

Its an 1985 GL Wagon, with a 5-Speed DR. 2" lift with some 27x8.50x14 Wildcats that are currently on loan from Jeff.

It needs a rear bumper, the wipers fixed, the blinkers fixed, the heater fixed and other small things, but over all its seem to be running good.

IMG_8680Small.jpg

IMG_8678Small.jpg

IMG_8682Small.jpg

IMG_8684Small.jpg

IMG_8685Small.jpg

IMG_8689Small.jpg

And here is the real kicker.

IMG_8683Small.jpg

Looks great! Im still waiting on the materials for my lift. I cant wait to get it done. we just got some snow. First snow all winter. I have to put a motor in a 68 galaxy then im gonna get started on the lift. If i have the material.

Lookin good though im jealous:D

Thats pretty kick ***! Im always debating if i want a simple 2" lift or go slightly higher because 2" doesnt seem like its too much; but every time I see a rig like this it leans me back towards the 2" decision.

It looks like your right on the "slide onto the front seat" level. Is that correct? Thats what im aiming for in mine, im lazy. :cool:

This makes me more confident in my 2" lift... granted mines a OBW VDC MY02, and i haven't found tires for it yet, it is right at 80k miles too. Can't wait for lift kit to get here, and hopefully the landlord will have the heater in the shop fixed by the time my package from highguys arrives so i won't freeze installing it. I've found a few places to wheel around me so i'm looking forward to finding some other people who wanna potentially pull me out at these locations.

Time for the 2011 lifted thread.

So it has been running horribly, we even had to tow it home. So i checked out the fuel filter, which was new by the way, and found this.

IMG_8711Small.jpg

IMG_8714Small.jpg

IMG_8713Small.jpg

Put a new filter on, and absolutely drenched the carb with Carb Cleaner and dumped a bottle of ISO-HEET to remove any water. It seems to be running much better now, i mean like a thousand times better.

Ya it might take a few fuel filters to get that cleaned up, but at least your on the right track, I figured since there was no Gas in the tank and that the cap was off that might be an issue, at least you got it figured out.... Hope you like it. It looks really good, Sorry Rick and I didnt get those fenders cut, we went up to dinner at Grandmas house and I for got about it..................... sorry..... Hope you like it!!!! Just need to weld the rearend up and your race ready!!!

Jeff

Dude no worries at all, it was easy to give em a quick clip with the sawzall. And yeah, im gonna keep flushing the tank, i ran about half a gallon out of it out and it all seemed clear. Hopefully i will be running good enough to wheel on the 22nd.

Ya it might take a few fuel filters to get that cleaned up, but at least your on the right track, I figured since there was no Gas in the tank and that the cap was off that might be an issue, at least you got it figured out.... Hope you like it. It looks really good, Sorry Rick and I didnt get those fenders cut, we went up to dinner at Grandmas house and I for got about it..................... sorry..... Hope you like it!!!! Just need to weld the rearend up and your race ready!!!

Jeff

Yep thats right, only 82,175, its a baby.

Also i just changed my second fuel filter, i was gonna replace it, but i decided to let the gas drain a little to see what it looked like.

Well i drained about 2 gallons and the gas is horrible, i mean it looks like im draining orange juice out of my car. I think im just gonna replace the gas tank, i really dont want to ruin any more gas or try and repair such a bad tank.

Yep thats right, only 82,175, its a baby.

Also i just changed my second fuel filter, i was gonna replace it, but i decided to let the gas drain a little to see what it looked like.

Well i drained about 2 gallons and the gas is horrible, i mean it looks like im draining orange juice out of my car. I think im just gonna replace the gas tank, i really dont want to ruin any more gas or try and repair such a bad tank.

Im sure the one in the 87 GL10 Turbo Wagon is good, I Drove it to where it sits. If you wanna pull it out you can have it................:grin:

Jeff

• 6 months later...

Well is been a while so i finally have an update on my wagon.

Since the last Post/Pictures i have done the following.

27x8.50x14 Maxxis Bighorns on 14x7 Les Schwab wheels
Front Fender Sawing and Bashing
Rear Bumper
Yakima Load Warrior with extension
Light mounts and 6" KC Daylighters
Spare on the Roof
Cobra CB Radio with 4' Firestick antenna and hood channel mount
Weber Carburetor (Finished only a couple hours ago)
Some choice body massages from Walker Valley

281977_2248592465330_2155199_n.jpg

229607_2248592665335_8386398_n.jpg

And yes i know I'm missing some things from the carb, Vacuum advance line, Choke and hose clamp for fuel. Meh i will get to it.

Edited by Vegablade
  • Like 1

ya know, you really oughta swap out those '85 mirrors for some that are less sought after. id hate to see em get broke. nice rig man,

RV

He'd have to change the window glass, the front track, and the mirror mounts into his doors.

Or swap entire doors.