Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does a member own this Brat?

it's a former members. it's been long sold now... the subaru diff in the front it still oriented the same way it was in the back (not upside down). the transfer case is where the rotational change is. there are a few others on the board here with a t-case lift that utilized the diff in front like that.

here is what i have planned:

Ford 8.8 IRS Rear diff in the rear, full double a-arm suspension, 97+ f150 4wd front spindle/brakes (yes, front spindles on the rear, would be anchored for no movement, but would be capable of being used on rear wheel steer down the road), custom axles (Unless factory tbird axles are long enough), 12-14 inches of travel

Ford 8.8 IRS Rear diff in the FRONT, full double a-arm suspension, 97+ f150 4wd front spindle/brakes,custom axles 12-14 inches of travel

I feel it wouldnt be much more difficult then straight axle. I would make a custom crossmembers that would have all the mounting points for everything but bolt to factory locations. Would probably have the top shock mounts attached to the subframe so the unibody isnt experience the beating of long travel.

like this bmw only with a subie:

IMG_1134.jpg