Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So who would build the NEXT trashwagon?

So i have this idea, for anyone wishing for a project, if someone could build up a WAGON to the trashwagon theme.

no, trashwagon does not mean the wagon is trash. it means that you take something and make it how you want it.

so if anyone were to "commission" another trashwagon, they would get the name TRASHWAGON 7, so the next one i would build would be 8

so to have the trashwagon number designation, the car will hace to have at least

Stage 1: interior mods such as gauges, lighting, stereo, or carpet

Stage 2: interior mods, and exterior mods such as Lights, Antennae, bumpers, and fender cuts/sheetmetal

Stage 3: interior, exterior, and engine/suspension mods such as tranny conversions, carb, engine swap, performance upgrades, and lifts, springs, or shocks are examples

somewhere on the car it will have to be labelled TRASHWAGON (#)

if you like to go as far as paint, you must have the paint stripe pattern(stage 2)

this is just an idea, the builder would have full discretion of how and what to do to the car, as long as the car fits the trashwagon idea nad scheme, so it could be recognized as a trashwagon

I wonder if mine already counts...

2wd auto to 4wd 5spd conversion, with a FT4WD trans...

Custom springs, camber plates

9.5:1 bottom end

some guages...i once had a computer sound system wired in

JDM STi door decals, on the door where else!

And Ive got a pair of 100watt aircraft spotlights mounted in the fog light position up front.

"it means that you take something and make it how you want it.

Stage 2: interior mods, and exterior mods such as Lights, Antennae, bumpers, and fender cuts/sheetmetal

somewhere on the car it will have to be labelled TRASHWAGON (#)"

my cart is a work in progress, as re$ource$ allow

current mods: oil pan magnet, emissions removal, glasspack, accel coil-8140C, custom washer fluid res, accessory lights in front, custom right fender from sheetmetal, front bumper cover removed, custom front turn lights, oil pressure guage DUCK TAPED to windshield, "D" note cadillac horn steering wheel horn pad removed, front seat covers, 3 bars on roof rack

to be added stop sign skid plate, front and rear bumpers with lights and receiver hitch and tow hooks, spoiler from chevy blazer, more lights, pugs with nokian HAK 2

TRASH WAGON 7 will go on back 3 windows, and front windshield, along with various other stickers

sheet metal patch panels behind rear tires

very handy with wal-mart black, krylon too expen$ive

other colors to come!, R,G,B, pinstriping, random spots of color, more chrome, cadillac hood ornament

just need to buy a paint spray gun, $20

I ACCEPT THE STATUS OF "TRASHWAGON 7"

I looked at all 6 tw's of yours, MF

ok, the wal mart paint will oxidize, so the money spent on krylon will be worth it. i like to use the satin black for headlight bezels, the b pillars, and for the roof.

i will use the wal mart primer, about 4-6 cans is good for the whole car.

one can of paint is good for a pair of fenders, 2 doors, a hood, or a tailgate

if you use cheaper paint, use a clearcoat

i suggest krylon for white, and orange

chose a color for the base color, and suppose have white on the bottom 1/3 and orange stripe, that follows along the body. or your choice of colors, but the same pattern

i think the pattern would be more distinct than the colors. but orange and white are definate recognition factors

the wal-mart was "JUST TO GET BY", no primer, lots of harsh weather, will repaint with good paint, when the money/tools/supplies are obtained :banana:

Mini Paint Sprayer Gun Does Touch–ups and Smaller Refinishing Jobs

Compact size for quick painting in tight quarters! Attached aluminum paint cup is 4in. high. Sprayer is 5¼in. long overall. Low air consumption. 3/8in. air inlet.

In Stock

Ship Wt. 3.0 lbs

Item# 11235

Discount Price... $20.99

post-1818-136027590642_thumb.jpg

my car is going to be fairly trashwagon-like, its got rust, itll have a home made 4-6" lift, toy rims from the tire pile, 27-28" snow/mt/at tires, flat black paint with stripes of some color (orange?), with custom bumpers, and I'll be welding plate steel into the rockers and rear quarters, and sheetmetal flares. It'll also have dual cherry bomb exhaust :D As for the interior, it'll have a variety of switches for driving and rock lights, home theatre speakers and a cd deck (no amp and subs) In the back it will be fully outfitted for sleeping in (tinted windows) to give me a place to crash after parties or out camping. I'll do the doorpanel carpet in order to get the trashwagon name, though it might end up muddy. I was considering the battlewagon moniker and painting it camo but battlewagon_medic's already got that one. whaddya think? I just gotta get my rump roast over to the metal supply to get some 4x2 steel and then the transformations begin.

as far as projects in progress, lets see the most completed examples for number designations

but for trashwagon exclusivity, as to not run my next'wagon as #23, lets make the next designation from a new project, with the trashwagon theme in mind

so with the "projects in progress" that would qualify for trashwagon status, lets let you be creative with the trashwagon name itself, rather than a number (for existing projects)

such as "Battle TrashWagon" or "TrashWagon XT" or "TrashWagon Off Road" you get the idea, as long as trashwagon is in the title

trashwagons 7 and 8 will have to be reserved for trogdor and alleyboy, if they chose a number designation, at this point.

Well im thinking trashwagon 4x4 sounds good. 4x4ing will be the primary reason for this cars existance.

ooh I just found a decal book with a library of words I can label switches with! lets see "DANGER", "EMERGENCY START" "PHASE SHIFT" "HIGH" "LOW", looky here ive got "flux" and "capacitor" :D hehe and "TIME CONTROL" This dash is definitely going to be trashwagon style. Maybe "TRASHWAGON 9: BACK TO THE FUTURE"