Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will 14" rims clear the calipers on a 1995 Outback?

I have a 1995 Legacy Outback that came stock with 15" rims, and the tires on it need to be replaced. My parts car, a 1996 Legacy Brighton, has a nice set of tires but they are 14s. Will the 14s clear the front and rear calipers on my Outback?

the 96 outback had taller struts, larger tires and bigger front calipers. the 95s were a legacy with outback paint / trim. but the question is did the 95 have the lego calipers or the 96 outback calipers. probably the lego but who knows?

but since you have both wheels, try one on the front. if it works, the rears will be good.

Edited by johnceggleston

the question is did the 95 have the lego calipers or the 96 outback calipers.
95 has the single piston smaller calipers so 14's will clear.

jamal's (i'm sure you've already seen it JCE but for others) break caliper thread is a fantastic resource for information regarding brakes...and wheel fitment.

• 3 weeks later...

Great, good to know. Now I just have to worry about my new (used, but for 2 weeks only) Goodyear Nordic Studded tires 215/70/15. Crossing my fingers that there are no rubbing issues, especially since my suspension is a little mushy.