Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 LOYALE HEART TRANSPLANT :) 2.5L Phase 2 SOHC IMPREZA RS 2002

SubiePimp

Here is a picture of the engine once i got it cleaned up and ready to put in.

This engine has a Perrin light Weight Crank pully, Perrin Oil pressure adapter, Gates Racing Serpentine Belt, Injen Cold air intake, Ralli-Tek Piggy Back ECU (within wiring harness) wich is a black box add on to the ECU to control ignition + - and A/F ratio along with Diffrent maps for diffrent stages of tuning. it is super clean and has been rebuit with new headgaskets, thermostats, Seals all around and full synthetic oils everytime. and i did the timing belt when the headgasket was done about. 15000 miles ago:grin:

For a naturally aspirtated subaru engine its got some grunt:cool:2k0m86nk4

Went to SJR LIFT TODAY:banana: PURCHASED MY EA TO EJ ADAPTER KIT, wich includes a re-machined flywheel to fit the ej series motor, engine to transmission adapter plate, and all necessary hardware. Most people dont get to go to the shop, they just order online from scott. i got to meet him and hes a really cool guy and has some sweet riggs. THANX AGIAN SCOTT, hope to be helping you out reall soon. so here it is on my 2.5l. the blue x's are torque sealed so i know that they have been torqued to the right ft lbs.:slobber:<a href=IMG00472_20110209_1455.jpg' alt='IMG0047

Orderd a 1990 Subaru XT6 CLUTCH KIT from Parts train today 235.00 bucks but the xt6 clutch has greater claming force wich will work better for my ea to ej swap. not really many other options out there for a ea 82 drivetrain.:drunk: when it shows up ill update this thread with some pics all assembled on the engine.:D

here is the engine bay after i pulled the 1.8l out and degreased the engine bay. it turned out pretty good looks really clean.:headbang: the only other thing i will do before the engine goes in is that i will replace the c.v. axles. they were on the car when i got it and the boots look craked and one is ripped on the pass side. 130.00 for replacements A1 Cardone from summit racing. should be a good investment.:popcorn::headbang:

<a href=IMG00476_20110209_1457.jpg' alt='IMG0047