Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Source for dash bulbs on my 85 Brat, specifically the "indicator" area

I'm looking for replacement bulbs for the indicator area (like door ajar and such- all the way over on the right) on the dash cluster for my 85 Brat GL. The bulbs are small and in a rubber housing (brown in this case) that push over pins on the PCB. The bulb seats say "Toshiba 5001" on them, and Subaru of America has not a single one in any of the warehouses. I removed the bulb from the rubber base, but there isn't a single number on the bulb itself. Anyone find a source for a replacement for these bulbs? Any help would be most appreciated!

Well, yes and no. They are probably very generic bulbs when you get right down to it and pull them out of the holders. This is the section I am speaking of BTW:

indicator.jpg

And this is the bulb inside the rubber socket:

bratbulb.jpg

Shawn- thanks for the heads-up; I'll be hitting up Radio Shack tomorrow, and I'll post a bulb number should I come up with one :).

Radio Shack was a bust. I did find however that the heater control bulbs (72351AC061) from the later model cars will work. You have to remove them from their bases and pull the green color condom off of them, but they will work. It's nice having slow days at the shop where you can just play with Subaru's parts and see what will fit :D