Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ATV/UTV Tires

bratclay

If I get to keep my brat or if I build another subi. I was thinking about getting these tires. I will have 14" pugs. I was going to get the 26x9x14 or should I get the 26x11x14. They are 6ply and made out of the same stuff as truck tires.

My project will not be drivein as a dd. I will drive a little bit on road but only to get to the dirt roads and mountains and not probably goin over 60mph.

What do you guys think? They are Sedona Rip Saw RT

rip-saw.jpg

http://www.atvtirestore.com/sedona_rip_saw_atv_tires.html

Edited by bratclay

Here is a couple more I found.

This one is utv only. So it should also be around the 1000lbs rating per tire.

Ceros_0%20(300%20x%20270).jpg

http://www.4atvtires.com/atvTires/showProduct.php?id=9712&cat_id=707

This one the same brand Maxxis with a little more open tread style.

237234837_o.jpg?nc=141

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navTitle=Tires+and+Wheels&webCatId=8&navType=type&webTypeId=138&prodFamilyId=23155&listingId=&sizeAttr=7261

This link has more info but above link is cheaper.

http://www.pureoffroad.com/maxxis_bighorn_2.0_atv_tires.htm

For what it's worth...

About the last thing I'd do is run those on the road at 60 mph.

They are not a highway tire and not street legal and never designed to do that.

I've run my tires to about 30 mph on the road.

That's plenty fast for that type of setup.

I have DOT truck tires with DOT rims for any real highway use.

My .02

Yea I wasnt goin to be driving it down the hwy. I would only be pulling it. The only pavement that they will be seeing is goin from my moms place to the mountains. Thats only a couple miles of pavement and I wouldnt be goin that fast. Cuz it just in the country where she lives.

I think that if a utv can run then my brat can run them.

Im mainly goin to be on dirtroads, logging road and trails with mud and rocks.

The design of ATV/UTV/tractor tires makes the tires not suited for going much more than 25 mph on any hard surface.Those tires are made out of really soft rubber with large distances between sections of tread.Atv's are constantly driven on dirt roads,yes.the hard surface of the road wears out the tires much faster than if the tire was driven on its intended surface,ie mud or loose dirt.

So for that reason if you plan to run aggressive tires like that just change them out when you get there.It takes maybe all of 30 minutes to change out all 4.Less if you have air tools.

I ran a set of tractor tires like that for a summer and they still had the little rubber bits left over from the casting and the tread was worn down less than 1/16" of an inch.Or you can leave the tires on all around and destroy them in a season- even though "its only a couple of miles." Remember atv tires despite their weight ratings are made out of a rubber similar to erasers,and erasers, at least for me don't last long at all.

the tires are ;however, fantastic at doing what they were made for-driving on loose,soft surfaces...

Edited by Uberoo

• 3 weeks later...

Im probably going with the first ones that I posted. They are made outta the same composite as truck tires and they are 6ply.

I can get 26x10x14 for 91 a piece at my local bike/atv/utv store. They sell all their tires at cost wholesale price.

They dont measure exactly what size they say. But it goin on my brat and all Im goin have for a lift rite now is the arms clocked and rx front springs and kyb gr2 struts when I can get some.

Thanks Clay