First rallycross of the year for Oregon

edrach

RallyCross #1 : Mar 20

Organized By : ORG (Oregon Region)

Event Location:

Washington County Fairgrounds

873 NE 34th Avenue

Hillsboro, OR 97124

This event runs under the 2011 SCCA RallyCross rules and the 2011 ORG RallyCross supplemental regulations (coming soon).

Pricing (regional event only)

Event is open to the public.

$35 entry fee per session (Two sessions available, AM and PM)

$5 SCCA weekend membership required if not an SCCA member.

If you wish to become a full time SCCA member, please visit the membership section of the scca website.

Schedule:

8:00am - 9:00am

AM Tech and Registration

AWD Classes + TO

12:00pm - 1:00pm

PM Tech and Registration

Non-AWD classes + TO

For more information contact rallycross@oregonrally.com

For you weather mavens:

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Hillsboro,%20OR&wuSelect=WEATHER

RallyCross #1 : Mar 20

Organized By : ORG (Oregon Region)

Event Location:

Washington County Fairgrounds

873 NE 34th Avenue

Hillsboro, OR 97124

This event runs under the 2011 SCCA RallyCross rules and the 2011 ORG RallyCross supplemental regulations (coming soon).

Pricing (regional event only)

Event is open to the public.

$35 entry fee per session (Two sessions available, AM and PM)

$5 SCCA weekend membership required if not an SCCA member.

If you wish to become a full time SCCA member, please visit the membership section of the scca website.

Schedule:

8:00am - 9:00am

AM Tech and Registration

AWD Classes + TO

12:00pm - 1:00pm

PM Tech and Registration

Non-AWD classes + TO

For more information contact rallycross@oregonrally.com

For you weather mavens:

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Hillsboro,%20OR&wuSelect=WEATHER

Are there any interesting rule changes this year?

Jacob

Are there any interesting rule changes this year?

Jacob

You know I downloaded the 2011 rules two months ago. And you know what, I haven't read them yet to see!:lol:

There's a discussion thread on the SCCA website that usually discusses the changes, but the 'site is so hard to navigate I haven't bothered to look at it.

Ed - I'm sure Ken will be there with the Impreza if he doesn't sell it before then.

Jacob - if I don't come, I'll make sure that Ken brings the paperwork from when we bought the PC.

Lynn

Cool, thanks. With all of those cars you have, you two don't really have a good excuse not to go:)

Jacob

• 2 weeks later...

Great event with the muddiest conditions I've ever seen at Hillsboro. The field was soggy from almost 20 days of continuous rain. Once the rally school got on the course on Saturday, it churned up the mud big time. If you got into the deep stuff you needed rally tires and lots of power to plow your way out.

It was nice to see some of the DI guys there. Sorry I couldn't catch up with everyone.

I couldn't believe the amount of mud around my calipers and struts when I changed over to the stock tires. I should have taken a picture of that, but didn't think of it until too late. Fortunately I found a car wash that wasn't afraid to wash down the car this morning. I also brought my rally tires to them to clean since I'm not heading home anytime soon. You can't let that mud dry out; it hardens like concrete and then you never get it off.

Congrats to Zap for his fine finish in Modified AWD class. I was fortunate enough to win in Prepared AWD; owe it all to my mud tires (and a chance to practice at the Primitive Rally School the day before). Also Charles got a 2nd in Preapared AWD.