Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A Subaru Sports Car?

ViceMan

After a fashion yes. Factory five racing is holding a design competition to design the outside appearance of their new Subaru powered kit car. So you buy a used Subaru WRX, they are aiming for a price under 9900 dollars so it looks like a 2002 to a 2004 WRX, as a donor car, then used the parts of it, especially engine to complete the kit you buy from them. There aim is for people to be able to complete it for 15,000. Anyway the point is that you can submit a design for the look of the new kit sports car. They already have the chassis and frame design and being built, so the wheel base, 95 inches, and the width, 58.5 inches I believe, so the thing you design as I said is the outward look of it. If you win you get 5,000 dollars. the web page is http://www.factoryfive.com/whatsnew/update/nextcar/designcomp.html , so go over download the pdf documents and show them what a real Subaru power sports car should look like.

ViceMan

P.S. Did I put this in the right area of the forum? please let me know. Thanks.

Edited by ViceMan

These guys may be done by now with a VW TDI (Diesel) kit car.

I may try and make the Carilsle PA kit/import show this spring and check it out.

In the past they have had some cool stuff. I haven't bothered attending the show in many years.