Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Loyale: Safariwagon

TheLoyale

I don't think the plastic bores would break, I've taken two of these apart already, including my original one. I just had those dumb rump roast copper rocker switch tabs and the little bearing wheels that fall out, this with is rather over complex for what it is.

Chrome stripping is not a bad idea, although I think chrome would also have to make an appearance else where in the interior to tie to all together. Which is why I totally want to make the lock switch black and possibly the handle, it doesn't seems to flow just yet.

Perhaps I should pull the dash and do it black, Black EA82 dashboard = Rare!

I've had two with black interiors now :P

'85-'86 are the only years I know of that had Black interiors, Perhaps the RX as well. Their pretty cool.

Gray and Black interiors FTW! I'm not a fan of the Brown or Blue.

I am going to leave the inner release levers and locks gray, I think it gives a good balance. I did paint the Seat trim Black, so that ties it in. I was thinking about the center console as well, but I'm worried it will stand out to much, or will become to much black. I also didn't have the motivation to remove it today, this would be the 24th time I've taken it out over 6yrs LMAO.

I can't give exact Make/Model on all of them, but a lot of cars came with a Black console regardless of interior color.

Do know both my Ex-M-I-L's and my '69 Camero's were that way. The '69 Ford Galaxie and '73 GMC Sprint I had were the same way.

Wanting to say there was Chrome on them, but really can't recall all the details.

I was thinking about doing the top center pillar cover black, while leaving the bottom gray, dunno. There is no going back once I do something, and it has to be soothing to the eye.

I need The checkered seats out of an RX now!

I am also working on a getting something that was not available to the American market :brow:

Had to change the Lower Metal trans cooling line today. Mine twisted off, as the tube was rusted to the slip joint. Got a clean one from a Calif. Loyale.

No more leaking! Checked the rest of the car over for the Michigan trip next weekend.

3AT can do it, yes I can, yes I can!

Update, the trip is going to be postponed for the time being for reasons. Absolutly not a huge deal, take care of what you have to take care of man.

Maybe I can get the Ski wagon running this weekend, if I get my electrical connectors tomorrow! I would really love to hear that thing roar to life again. :burnout:

... Can't think of anything I am wanting for the EA82 except JDM corner lights.

Yes, I Know. :)

The Interior pics of your Safariwagon...

2012_0616AD.jpg

...Looks Nice with the Black paint, Good Idea! icon14.gif

My Subies came with the Dark Blue / Light Blue interiors:

Marco09.jpg

So they has Contrast, but I Wish I had the Brown interior... Brown combines better with the Yellow Exterior.

Kind Regards.

JesZek, is the color of the door card, factory? It looks "Cream" ? I agree the Brown would work better with the Yellow, vs the blue. If I had access to a 1985-86 GL, I would send you all the interior bits you need.

I'm used to high-revving, I can drive about 75mph at 4300rpm, but the motor seems happy at 4000-4500rpm, it seems less stressed.

I would say I average 20mph on the interstate with the 27s and roof rack.

JesZek, is the color of the door card, factory? ...

Yes, it is.

... It looks "Cream" ? ...

Well, it is Baby Blue with a Chromed accent (Vein) ... I guess it was the Sun Light that makes it to look like Cream.

... I agree the Brown would work better with the Yellow, vs the blue. ...

I'll figure out how to Change that somehow, someday...

Good Luck in your Voyage, Don't forget your Camera! :)

Kind Regards.

• 2 weeks later...