Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Loyale: Safariwagon

TheLoyale

So here are some future plans I've been thinking about.

1. 4" Lift.

2. New KYB struts all around.

3. LightForce lights for front bumper.

4. 5spd D/R swap.

5. Making the rear SJR bumper, better.

6. JDM Corner Lights.

7. Reinforce Aluminum Roof Rack with Steel.

These are not in any order, nor due I have a time expectancy as to when I can do any of them. I know one thing, I want to go bigger with the lift.

The 5spd would be one of the last things on my list. My Loyale drives just fine right now, don't fix what isn't broke.

A larger lift would be awesome though!

I would be willing to trade the 2" SJR kit I have plus some money if someone has a complete 4" kit, just a feeler. PM me if anyone is interested in this.

• 1 month later...

The Power steering pump is making one hell of a racket, dunno what it is. There is no play in the pump shaft, but this is not a typical pump whine from lack of fluid. The system is always full with ATF as it should be. Also, the noise does not change with pump load, but does increase with RPM. Its a pulsating metallic moan.

I'm thinking its an internal bearing. The pump is somewhat harder to turn by hand then I remember. Anyone else ever had failing pump?

As far as I know, those are made with a rustproof material, to maintain clean the ATF oil, maybe the oil itself keeps clean the interior, and the exterior didn't rust here due to our warm climates and no snow nor road salt.

If it isn't surface rust, you should paint it but the paint might require some kind of primer coat to grant the proper adhesion of the paint.

Kind Regards.

Yes I am pretty excited to finally have them on their way! I think it is probably going to be a dead end with contacting Subaru of Japan for these. I was also able to find a NOS version of this light on ebay tonight for $25 out of Israel.

Now I just need to find another passenger side light, and I will have two sets. If I am able to get two sets together, perhaps you would be interested in a set for your subie?

:popcorn:

... I think it is probably going to be a dead end with contacting Subaru of Japan for these...

Yes... I think so...

... I was also able to find a NOS version of this light on ebay tonight for $25 out of Israel...

What is the Meanin' of NOS? ... Aftermarket parts? ... I'll Like to see the Link.

... If I am able to get two sets together, perhaps you would be interested in a set for your subie? ...

Yes, of course! ;)

Let me know if you want to trade the second set, if you find the other one.

I've also ran across these on ebay... Anybody have info about these? ...

King Springs are Special aftermarket coil springs to lift Subarus, those are made in Australia... but the Photos on those e-Bay links does Not belong to the King Springs, and the seller confirms that: it says "Generic Photo".

More info in this threads:

~► http://ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=136395

~► http://ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=123205&page=7

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

Bennie in Australia has found me a set of these! Thank you mate.

A pleasure mate! I'll be finding out what the cost of postage is tomorrow after work - hopefully it's not one of those days that end with a fried brain :(

I just need to find another passenger side light, and I will have two sets.

Do you mean the same as the one's I've organised for you? I could have got another light like those ones if I knew you wanted it!

I've also ran across these on ebay... Anybody have info about these?

I think those part numbers are the standard replacement units - no lift. I've still got the front set in mine, the rears I ditched for a set of honda front springs, much better lift and load carrying ability. I'm now looking into adding auxiliary air bags as well, take some stress off the spring seat, maybe I'm carrying too much :-\ Anyway, that's the plan!

I'm looking forward to sending these off and seeing them arrive at your end :D

Cheers

Bennie

JesZek, NOS means "New Old Stock" which is a Genuine part that has been discontinued, but has been sitting around since it was made. :)

Here is the one I bought off ebay. The amber part looks brighter than the nice set Bennie got for me. I'm wonder if there were two different styles of this corner light?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230823830219?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Bennie, thanks for the info on the King springs. So front Honda springs is still the way to go for better load bearing springs in the rear. Very well. We'll see in which direction I go once I start digging into this car again :)

As for the light, I wasn't really looking for two sets. But since I ran across that one on ebay, I couldn't resist in buying it :-p

Edited by TheLoyale