Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Loyale: Safariwagon

TheLoyale

Hey do you think you could post a picture of how you got your snorkel to hook up to your intake manifold. Are you using a stock air box?. I just got my snorkel today and trying to think of how I should connect it from this fender to the manifold. Thanks a lot

Edited by 92loyale59

• 2 months later...

Yeah no doubt, they probably wouldn't be worth the shipping. A new set is like $500 or less I think. I bought them locally at a DLS center, I think pretty much any tire shop can order them in. Maxxis is pretty popular with street tires.

JesZek, As for the Wiper arm. It is perfect! Very nice and easy direct bolt on upgrade. Wipes harder and hollows the same wiping path.

• Like 1

This is what to come, wrapped in something 235/75/15 (30-31")

Not to be a debby downer but a 235/75/15 is more like a 29".  I have a set of bighorns on my wagon in that size and have been pleased with them so far.  A little bit of trimming and bashing but not bad.  Still need more in the front.

Finally an update. Here are the current things that have been done.

This is what the hole in the passenger side strut tower started off as.

2014_0511AA.jpg

During. This was the hardest spot to recreate due to all the layers. But I think this area is now stronger than it would have been from the factory.

2014_0517AD.jpg

And this is after. I still need to recreate the inner fender wall/liner and another layer to tie the seat backing hinge to the chassis, but the fender wall will have to wait till I get the new wheel arches in so I have something accurate to go off of.

2014_0520AB.jpg

2014_0520AC.jpg

2014_0520AD.jpg

These are the wheel arch stampings from MillSupply. I will need to trim off what I don't need, but they are nice quality!

2014_0517AA.jpg

2014_0517AB.jpg

Subaru with 8-lug Dodge wheel on 245s. Ideas.

2014_0517AE.jpg

TOM ARE YOU FRIGGING KIDDING ME, DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR BODY PARTS FOR THESE DAM CARS.  YOU ARE MY HERO, YOUR JESUS IN MY BOOK.  HOLY COW

• Like 1

Yeah I figured this out lastnight, today I put a stock landcruiser tire (Michelin 30") up to the Loyale, Looks like it would possibly clear in the front and maybe the rear with a little redesign on the Rocker end (Which can still happen since they aren't finished) either way, a 29" tire it plenty for this rig, which pretty much has a 6" lift between Suspension and lift blocks. (Actually, I will be putting 6" blocks in the front to level it out since the back end it way in the air.

What Backspacing are you running? I ordered these new wheels with 4.50BS which is close to stock. The 6lug Landcruiser wheels use 4.75" bs and I think Subaru is about the same. I am not sure what my Pugs are, I am assuming 4.50" but will measure them to be sure. I just didn't want the wheels sticking way out, kind of like what you get with the old GM wheels.

I've only posted about MillSupplys body panels for like 3yrs lol. I posted about them long before I ever did the resto on the Skiwagon. Glad you found a post that made your day though! Thats kinda the whole post of build threads for me, posting solid info and ideas for others, to help out.

Cheers Ben!

TOM ARE YOU FRIGGING KIDDING ME, DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR BODY PARTS FOR THESE DAM CARS.  YOU ARE MY HERO, YOUR JESUS IN MY BOOK.  HOLY COW

Now if only someone made new stampings for EA81s. I dunno what I'm going to do about the Coupe yet. I am trying to secure a fuel tank from a Brat thats in OR. Hoping I can snag this. Although, I remember how last time went with shipping a fuel tank from the West-coast went lol.

I'm kinda getting tired of old rusted Subies, relying on people in the rust free areas to send me goodies haha. Ugh, addictions.

• Like 1

Yeah no doubt, they probably wouldn't be worth the shipping. A new set is like $500 or less I think. I bought them locally at a DLS center, I think pretty much any tire shop can order them in. Maxxis is pretty popular with street tires.

JesZek, As for the Wiper arm. It is perfect! Very nice and easy direct bolt on upgrade. Wipes harder and hollows the same wiping path.

Yeah no way I can afford new tires lol.

I haven't measured the track, but I could do it this weekend. What are you doing, that you want to know the width?

Jason, I dunno how soon I can get the Bighorns off, drill my hubs and mount new tires on those black wheels. But once I get that done, I can see what shipping those would run.

• Like 1

I have offen wondered how much would be involved with retrofitting the rear suspension/crossmember from a 1st/2nd gen Legacy/Impreza into an EA82 chassis. I want to say Nico did this to his Turbo sedan, but not certain. I will get you a measurement soon though :)

I took a quick measurement with the tires on, but from Drum to Drum (Outer side of drums) it was about 95-1/2" wide. This weekend I will try to get something more accurate and possibly a picture (We ALL like pictures!)

If I remember, a Yota mini-truck axle can fit under the EA82 and will be pretty close to the same width (But then you need to figure out Leafs or possible Coil spring locations along with Link bars and track bar)