Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Loyale: Safariwagon

TheLoyale

That would be amazing! It would be insane to strip the car down to nothing except the shell and have it dipped. I agree, rust would be indeed a thing of the past, given it was never driving in salty conditions ever again (Which I don't intend to ever again anyhow)

That would be amazing! It would be insane to strip the car down to nothing except the shell and have it dipped. I agree, rust would be indeed a thing of the past, given it was never driving in salty conditions ever again (Which I don't intend to ever again anyhow)

I mean if you really wanted to go for it, strip it down, prep it for por15, take pics before of everywhere, apply por15 and a airtight layer of paint (rustoleum), and take pics after, then send them to por15. If the chassis ever rusts again, they give you the money to replace it.

HPS 4-ply Silicone Heater hoses (Waiting on Clamps) 

DSCF2123.jpg

Elongated Pitch Stopper.

DSCF2124.jpg

All new PCV hoses and Clamps.

DSCF2127.jpg

Need two 3" T-bolt clamps to finish the intake boot.
DSCF2126.jpg

2.5" Mishimoto T-bolt clamp.
DSCF2128.jpg

DSCF2129.jpg

Doors removed to cut the rocker out, so far I only removed the lower portion of the rocker, not sure if I will go anymore or not.
DSCF2120.jpg

DSCF2130.jpg

I removed a section just under the B-pillar and re-layered it, ground it down to blend it in, once everything is done in this area, a little body filler will make it unnoticeable.

DSCF2132.jpg

DSCF2135.jpg

The underside 2nd layer.

DSCF2134.jpg

And that was the extent of todays fun!

Edited by TheLoyale
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just part of the rear disk swap goodness! Picked up Caliper brackets, and Hub plates today. Another member is sending me the backing plates. I just gotta acquire Slotted rear rotors, and reman genuine Calipers. Just ordered new Slide pins and will also need to get new Slide pin boots and some Wagner Thermo-Quiet pads!

I blasted the Caliper brackets and then painted them with Truckbed liner.

DSCF2153.jpg

DSCF2154.jpg

DSCF2155.jpg

Also, here is the difference between the front and rear hub plates.

This is a Front EA82 23 spline hub plate.

DSCF2157.jpg

DSCF2158.jpg

These are the rear disk hub plates. As you can see the The hole is much smaller nor does it have a raised center. This is the reason these plates are rear specific.

DSCF2160.jpg

DSCF2159.jpg

Also snagged this Blackish '85-'86 Grill. I have no plans for it, other than cleaning it up and hanging it on the wall!

DSCF2156.jpg

Dear Thomas,

... and reman genuine Calipers ...

If you lived closer, I would give to you the almost New rear Calipers I Have.

I don't have any use for them, because I'm using another set of Calipers,+

in order to have Rear Parkin' Brake.

About this Early EA82's Style grille:

...Also snagged this Blackish '85-'86 Grill. I have no plans for it, other than cleaning it up and hanging it on the wall!

DSCF2156.jpg

That will never fit on your SafariWagon, there is a Complete explanation, here:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/147834-really-getting-desperate-for-an-85-86-grille/

In that thread you can see Photos of the one I have,

and also you'll notice that such grille has a high value nowadays,

among the early EA82's Owners, because it became scarce.

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

No worries on the Calipers JesZek, it would probably cost about the same to ship yours to the U.S as it would to buy a set of eBay ($105) either way, no worries :)

Yeah these grilles are pretty cool, reminds me of the Turbo EA81 grills (Honey comb style) I have no intention of putting this on my car, I have the RX/3-Door grill on mine. This will probably just be a relic that'll hang around my home in nice condition :)

• Like 1

I had another RX grill, it was red. But I sent that to Bennie in Aus a few years ago. I'm actually working on a custom Loyale grill, once I get done with it I think it may look cool. I'm not gonna run it, but may put it up for sale once completed. I need to buy some styrene and plasti-weld though.

Re-drilled the Rear Hub plates tonight! Turned out good (Thankfully I didn't mess up a unicorn part) Tomorrow I will grind the backs down and weld in some studs, some blast them and hit them with some truckbed liner and she'll be ready to rock 6-lug rear discs (As soon as the other parts come in)

image-50.jpg

So we'll do a poll. What color should I paint the new Calipers? I was thinking that grayish blue (Blay) color I did on the Skiwagon, seemed to turn out good, but open to other color options!

Post it up!

Edited by TheLoyale

Dear Thomas,

I usually paint brake Calipers in Same Colour as the Car's Body or Something Similar.

So in my "BumbleBeast" the four calipers are painted in same Yellow than the Body...

20-Paintworks3.jpg

But in the "KiaStein" I used the yellow caliper paint leftovers, to paint the four Calipers.

RearCalipersMounted.jpg

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

Where do you guys get studs? I'm hopefully about to do something 6 lug, and the stud price and the fact that I can't swap to my 13s if I get autoX tires are the main things keeping me from it. But mainly the studs, where I'm able to find them ($35 for 4), I cant afford that at all right now

I managed to have extra, just enough infact! O'reillys doesn't stock the studs with the right flange/head, its too small as is the shank. They have lots of 12x1.25mm lug studs, but nothing like the Subaru ones (I used to work there) If I still did I could call Dorman and find out the part number for the correct ones.