Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Loyale: Safariwagon

TheLoyale

Where do you guys get studs? I'm hopefully about to do something 6 lug, and the stud price and the fact that I can't swap to my 13s if I get autoX tires are the main things keeping me from it. But mainly the studs, where I'm able to find them ($35 for 4), I cant afford that at all right now

Junkyard! You just pound them out with a BFH. I guess you could probably use a bolt if you weld it in. Right?

Your thread is awesome bro. I have a 1992 subaru loyale I'm planning on lifting. I plan on getting the 2 inch lift from ADF. Your tips on the lift install will be helpful. Your rig looks awesome man.

Edited by MrMark303
  • Like 2

Just received the NOS Black EA82 Hand Brake from a good friend in Honduras (JesZek) This is gonna be awesome in the Safariwagon!

DSCF2199.jpg

DSCF2198.jpg

Also tore apart the 5spd Pedal Box to clean it all up regrease and paint everything, it is drying now, but will get an updated photo once I reassemble it!

DSCF2196.jpg

• Like 2

5spd pedal box reassembled and greased!

DSCF2200.jpg

DSCF2201.jpg

Also working on clearancing the cab corners/rockers to allow room for the 30" tires under compression with full lock. I am looking a little bit of left foot room, but it shouldn't interfere with the Clutch pedal. I will also need to do the same thing on the passenger side.

DSCF2204.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you!. JesZek, actually, I am not too keen on the Euro style tail lights, I don't understand the one white, one red reverse lights found on a lot of German vehicles.

Anyhoo, Finally finished the front cab corner reconstruction/rust repair on the driver side. have to fix rust and also change the design to allow enough room for the 30" tires. Now I need to copy this over to the other side along with finish all the other rust repair...

DSCF2373.jpg

DSCF2378.jpg

DSCF2377.jpg

• Like 3

I don't really understand the Logic behind having on white/clear and the other red (I am assuming the red portion lights up with the reverse lights)

Maybe someone from Europe can shine some light on what the purpose of that is.

Thank you JesZek for the kind comment :)

• Like 2

Got both of the rear disk hub plates blaster and primed between the showers. Here a few pics of before and after.

DSCF2381.jpg

DSCF2382.jpg

DSCF2383.jpg

Once the primer sets for a few days (Humidity) then I will spray them with Duple-Color trucked coating....

• 2 weeks later...

How hard is it to lock down the hub while drilling it?

Bolt it down using the holes for the 2 knocked out studs or use a big bolt going through the center of the hub. My drill press has a slotted drilling surface that turns so you can bolt things to it.

Kind of like this but mine is old school setup with a custom cart and a breaker wired straight to it.

image_23585.jpg

• Like 1

Yep, just like dude said. I went with the big bolt and some washers in the center (So I could turn the hub as needed. I too have a slotted deck on my drill press, so it worked great.

Keep in mind, what I did to make sure each hole was perfectly lined up, I bolted the hub to a spare 6-lug wheel, stuck a 9/16" drill bit thru each lug hole and started drilling with a hand drill, so the bit wouldn't wonder. It makes a nice concaved area to line up with the drill press. Worked like a Charm!

Edited by TheLoyale