Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Loyale: Safariwagon

TheLoyale

... I am going to wire in Dual 12" thin mount electric fans ...

I don't want to be repetitive, I know that I shared this link before with you @ Facebook,

it is regarding my twin electric fans' retrofitting Writeup, here:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/125754-easy-guide-on-five-steps-to-twin-electric-fans-swap/

I hope it will provide useful information for you and others...

Kind Regards.

• Like 2

Dear Thomas,

I kindly suggest you to install something inbetween the Fan Blades and the Radiator itself; in my case, I used thin, vertical metal plates going from the upper screws to the lower screws, the idea is to avoid the Blades from the fans, to "Touch" the Radiator cooling lines; you can use oversized washers... you know because of the Sliding design of the aftermarket mounts.

Good Luck! ... Kind Regards.

• Like 2

This Brand:

DSCF3085.jpg

Sounds similar to the spanish word for female Underwear:

"Calzón" ... :D ...  so, Calsonic, sounds in spanish like "KnickersSonic"

Edit: I saw that Brand, sponsoring an Early Legacy which stablished a world Record;

More information and a Photo, Here: ~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/50983-strange-and-weird-subaru-stuff/page-94?do=findComment&comment=1323782

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

• 2 weeks later...

Great Video, Thank you for sharingthumbsup.gif

Despite of the straight pipe, your Safariwagon is not too noisy.

I like it; mine doesn't have that Blinkin' Seatbelt warning light.

Because I have the Amber cluster, which is older... Kind Regards.

The reason for the blinking seatbelt light is due to not having anything hooked up inside the car. Everything is still disconnected, except for the few things needed to run.

One day, I am going to build a proper UEL header for this, remove the cat, weld in a bung for the O2 sensor, run 2.25" mid-pipe, with a possible Glasspack as a resonator, then run 3 to 3.5" for a tailpipe, should give it that nice deep tone, we all want.

Personally, the Loyale sounds so much better than the GL. Whats funny is, the Skiwagon sounded closer to the Loyale, the GL is very quiet, and I am starting to wonder if something is plugged.

Completely new exhaust is also in view for the GL.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

After many, many months of searching and begging. I have snagged a pretty mint Black D/R Center console along with some other Black interior bits. 1985 only, so they are hard to come by (Especially in nice condition)

Thanks bud for helping me out with that!

Anyway, Since 2016 will be the 10 year anniversary for Safariwagon. I am going to push hard to get it buttoned up this year. I miss driving it, I miss having an interior in it Haha. I really cannot wait to feel how it drives with all the changes!

Cheers all and thanks for taking the time to read and follow this build!

-Tom

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thanks bud! I think this is the first old gen they've put in their newsletter. Hoping to see some more in the coming installments (Get kinda tired of seeing Outbacks with tree hugger bumper stickers and your stanced out Impreza getting all the glory) :P

Next post will have a few updates with pictures! Getting to work on this rig again along with trying to get the fuel system fixed up on the Hardtop.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Also am getting a few things done on the Wagon. Getting the new arch panels in and getting rust repair finished up. Got the rocker already on, just need to do some finishing details on to have it complete and strong.

Also looking to get some new gussets just so I won't have to fabricate them.

DSCF3496.jpg

DSCF3495.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Finally joined the new rocker to the new arch panel. Took a little time getting things to line up right, but it turned out pretty spot on so far. Just need to grind down these welds and eventually apply some Bondo so it looks seamless.

I still need to join the rocker to the floor pan, but am waiting until I get the gussets in place. In the meantime I am gonna try to get the lower rear quarter panel on, I also need to acquire a rear roll pan and some other bits. Need to get this panel on the mark so the tail light fits correctly.

Some pics from today,

DSCF3541.jpg

As you can see, I still need to run a bead on the lower part to finish it off. And once I join the rocker to the floor, it will pull it up a little bit and make it level. Also, there was no need for trimming to allow room for the 30" tire, seems to clear fairly easily even under compression.

DSCF3543.jpg

Lines up well with the door, the rear corner is a little close, and I will reshape it slightly to allow a bit more wiggle room and to keep the gap looking consistent. This is the door which will replace the original, mine had to much rust to be saved. I will be stripping this door down to bare bones, clean up any little rust, coat it on the inside and get it primed. Thanks xbeerd for putting rubber truck bed coating all over the lower part of the door :P

DSCF3544.jpg

DSCF3545.jpg

Slowly, but surly coming along.

More updates to follow....

-Tom

Edited by TheLoyale
  • Like 2