Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Loyale: Safariwagon

TheLoyale

I have now removed the rubber seal which clips to the top of the firewall without ripping it or breaking the clips. I have also removed the two plastic air vents directly under the windsheild. Turns out there was no rust forming in the seams as I thought there might have.

I applied some rust converter inside the well/seals and will also apply POR-15 to seal it and prevent rust.

Looking sharp dude.

Bravo on all the hard work. It isnt easy to keep such attention to detail on a car.

Thanks, I am going to need a new RX grille soon, I messed up the paint on this one and theres no way to sand it down and fix it.

How far are your cans of paint going? i already burned up one, and most of the 2nd on the engine bay. How many coats are you doing?

I have just used up one can so far, and thats painting lower part of door, Rocker, rear panel and the engine bay.

I have found that this Clear is CRAP, I am going to buy NASON clear, which I can get at my other Autobody place, it works so much better as I have used it in the past.

I think I will have to sand down the door and rear panel and re-shoot them with the new clear.

F*cking bullSh*t.

try some meduim cut polishing compound and see what that does. That cleaned up the dusty look under my hood.

I have tried Polishing and Rubbing compounds, it cleans it up some, but its not shiney like the rest. I have also waxed it with no results.

Figure if I sand it with 2000 grit and then re-clear it, that should work.

Considering I have stuck 5 years of time and sweat into this car, I ain't just gonna get a rust free body to start over with. That would be defeating the purpose of taking care of my car.

Plus the hurt caused by parting with your much loved subi! I had the option to swap to a much better body'd subi but stuck with Ruby Scoo. I know the day is coming that I will have to move on for what ever reason, but I know that it was wrong at the time!

Good job tom, but one thing. Rear Disc Swap man, should be the very next thing you do.

Second that!

Drum works just fine, plus they are new drums and have new hardware.

Still won't be up there with the discs!

Looking sharp dude.

Bravo on all the hard work. It isnt easy to keep such attention to detail on a car.

Agreed. I feel like I should be spraying the underside of Ruby Scoo and touching up the tiny bits of surface rust she's got. If you saw her you'd have it done in no time looking at the efforts you've gone to on this one!

Cheers

Bennie

Since I've been spraying my body work, I had gotten fumes on most of the body just from the wind carring it around.

I gave it some Clay Bar action, and wow, it does really work, it take it right off and makes it smooth as glass.

Since I've been spraying my body work, I had gotten fumes on most of the body just from the wind carring it around.

I gave it some Clay Bar action, and wow, it does really work, it take it right off and makes it smooth as glass.

I used clay bar on my legacy, it worked amazing!

What are you using to make the hoses so shiny?

Haha, I'm gonna get flamed for this but. I have a can of Rustolium clear which I was spraying around the engine bay of the Legacy, so I did the hoses to, hasn't flaked off yet.

I use Mothers Back to Black on the Loyale, thats the way to go if you car about your car. Its not like armor all at all.

I am considering painting my mirrors body color like the gl-10's would have, and same for the lower portion of the bumpers. I need to find a type of primer to paint onto the plastic. I hear that an epoxy primer is best to not have fish eyes. Same will go for the rx kit, but gold color