Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Loyale: Safariwagon

TheLoyale

I'm talking about a person which I miss very much (The best thing is my life) and am hoping I can see again soon.

Ah, sorry mate, totally didn't pick up on that one! Hope all's well!

On the subject of your loyal - you know it never ends! I love the way your subi is looking! And I wish I could get mine engineered for the same over here, I've got the setup, just not the engineering certificate :(

Cheers

Bennie

All that glare is exactly what oncoming drivers will see as well. The eBay HID "conversion" fad makes driving at night really annoying.

hate to say it, but i agree - my eyes are light sensitve anyway, those just completely blind me, making things VERY dangerous

sorry Tom, those might be great for you behind the wheel, but for everyone else, they are a nightmare.

I seriously suggest you adjust them down a bit so you arent completely blinding other drivers.

Personally, I don't care about other drivers. My vision is more important to me, then theirs. If the lights are to bright coming at you, then look at the white sideline to stay in your lane (As I always do when a Porsche is coming at me)

I will say, spotting Deer is way better now. It lights up way beyond the road sides!

The newer cars are all getting brighter and brighter lights...

Hell, some stock cars are coming with 6000k-10000K lights.

I think HIDs are a great way to make our older scoobs just as safe as the new cars are. Im not trying to thrash people or anything, but I definitely think its a good idea. Im thinking of doing projector HIDs like Turbone did, depends on the labor involved.

I do it for safety. The fact that my dark blue car looks good with blue lights is just a bonus.

There is a HUGE difference between a factory/proper conversion HID setup and throwing compatible HID bulbs in factory housing. A proper setup has reflectors to direct and focus the light into that cool looking cutoff line. Factory housing intended for halogens let the light scatter in all directions, as evidenced by these and anyone's photos of their HID's.

Also, not that it matters, but not caring about other drivers [vision] is a pretty poor attitude; especially when they're coming towards you. :-\

Edited by cmill189
can't spell

They didnt work for me... I didnt see enough difference to be happy spending $40 on them.

Whereas I spent that much and got 6000K and I can see like 2-3 blocks further and I can be seen. Sure people flash their brights at me all the time, but honestly, I dont care. They arent illegal whereas flashing your brights is...

A cop reminded a guy in a Toyota of this when I was driving my friends Impreza... But in all fairness 2 headlights, 2 fog lights and 2 offroad lights, all with 6000K HID is a bit overkill

Personally, I don't care about other drivers. My vision is more important to me, then theirs.

Sure people flash their brights at me all the time, but honestly, I dont care.

Wow, these are the most arrogant, selfish comments I have seen in a while. Seriously. What happens if the oncoming driver get temporarily blinded because of a medical condition (this can happen FOR SURE) and then they swerve into your lane because they can't see and hit you, all because of your lights? Your lights aren't going to do you any good when they are all smashed up and your car totaled now are they? Is you vision that important then? To sit there and say that YOUR vision is more important than anyone else's is completely foolish, stupid, selfish, and just down right rude and arrogant. YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS THE RIGHT TO DRIVE, and you are not the only one on the road either. Driving is a PRIVILEDGE, not a right, and honestly, people who make comments like yours should not have the right to drive since they obviously missed the point that they are not the only ones on the road. A car is a weapon and can KILL people if it is not used properly and others rights are not taken into consideration. As soon as people forget/blanatanly don't care about others, they should have their license revoked.

Seriously grow up guys. You just showed your real ages, and spoke like a naive children with lots of growing up to do. :rolleyes:

Now for the education part:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

Read that article. It explains why HID conversions are bad and ILLEGAL in every state, and a TON of countries around the world. There are reasons for this, it's not just "for fun" that HID conversions are illegal.

I don't like going off like this, but wow. I had to say something about this. Drives me nuts to see someone KNOWINGLY blinding people because it's easier for them and not giving a flying f@$k about other people's safety/lives. It's one thing to accidentally get and install the conversion without knowing what you are doing, but to install them knowing that they WILL blind people, and then to openly say, and admit that it will do just that, and that you don't care about other peoples safety is just not right at all. Just wow.

I am done now, and I will not respond to this again. I just read that and needed to get that off my chest.

Oh, and if people are flashing their brights at you and you are running "legal" lights, ADJUST YOUR DAMN LIGHTS! It's not really that hard, seriously.

Edited by eulogious

Im thinking of doing projector HIDs like Turbone did, depends on the labor involved.

For the record, he did it the PROPER way, not the stupid "conversion" way mentioned here. He followed the exact steps in the link I posted to do it the correct way. This is the ONLY way HIDs should be done.

I see no point in opening a can of worms about this. Everyone has their opinion of the lights, and thats fine. I will consider the projector headlight option, I first saw it on Mike Appel's wagon and thought it was an awesome idea but didnt want the metal plate on my headlights, then I saw Robs vehicle and thought it was awesome and plan to consider it if its within my skill level. Im sure once I do that, Ill still get flashed but whatever... Like I said, I dont care.

Not that I dont care if it blinds people, I just dont care if they flash me. I have my stock bulbs, if I get pulled over for my lights, then I will accept the ticket and put the stock bulbs in.

Everyone has their opinion of the lights, and thats fine.

This has nothing to do with opinions, safety is not an opinion! Sure I added some colorful language in my statement, but it's all about safety, period. Having super bright lights knowingly blinding people is a serious safety risk to the public and is illegal, that is all I am saying.

My lights are adjusted correctly, they shoot up just as high as my Toyota FJ, That has stock Halogen bulbs and people still flash at it, they also light up the interior of Small cars, again, they are completely stock.

I found out, the HIDs make people move over, probably cause they can't stand being hit in both mirrors ;)

Fun fact, I was behind two officers last night, one was a Trooper in which I passed cause he was going to slow. Didn't have any issue with either of them.

I am also not a fan of the Projector style, I prefer the entire housing being lit up.

Edited by TheLoyale

• 2 weeks later...