Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BRAT Meet 2011 Planning

Well its about that time of year again folks, finally starting to see more sun than snow. And what better way to kick off spring and summer than a get together with our beloved BRATs! :banana:

Just looking for ideas of time and location now. We can do ellensburg again or somewhere else. Just keep in mind that there was a large fallowing of people from the east side last year so lets not make them drive too far.

Memorial day weekend worked great for some people last year because it gave them more time to travel and what not. Some people have plans that weekend every year. So lets throw out some ideas and get the ball rolling!

-Andy

IMG_0787.jpg

How about Yakima?

Or maybe the Tri-Cities?

I'm very fond of the Tri-Cities area as I used to live in Washtucna/Ritzville :)

Only problem with that area is there isn't much for camping.

And it gets HOT in the summer, so a spring meet would be much nicer.

I have no ideas for weekends for myself, as I have no job right now, so Idk

what weekends will work and which ones won't.

Twitch

PS: I'm looking into employment everywhere currently, so if you find something,

please PM me

How about Leavenworth? Lots of stuff to do and see there and Lake Wenatchee is a nice place to hang out.

I have never camped at Lake Wenatchee, hear it is good spot but seems always full....openings are hit and miss unless you have reservations...so yea.. interested if it can be locked down or know someone that can confirm a spot..

Leavenworth is a great spot. Last year durring WCSS took Brat and wife followed by Dave (i think) from AZ or ? into Leavenworth for dinner and taking in some of the atmosphere... alot of looks and questions about my Brat and the usuall... "I havn't seen one of those for years!...where are the back seats?"

Camping is good if you can get in the upper camp-grounds up Iciccle Rd (any campground above 8 mile is good) that would be a great spot if someone could get in and snag two spots... You can squeeze alot of Subies in a small space! Center of state and love the brautworst at the sausage barn in town with great hiking area around camp-grounds! (end of Icicel rd.) ... but no off road in that area, all protected from that kind of activity.

My calander may be full this year.... but never know... if someone gets any dates set, place etc...

I really like the idea of Leavenworth. I'm over there all the time for the climbing. There would be plenty of things to keep us busy like enjoying the town with its awesome food, exploring some twisty roads with great scenery, there is also offroading not too far away if anyone is up for that. If we do stay up icicle creek canyon then we cant pass up on the bouldering since its right there, or if anyone is really up for some climbing there are endless possibilities ranging from sport and trad crags to multi pitch big walls even alpine if people want to hike. I have all the gear we need :brow:

Anyways back to the topic on hand...

Leavenworth sounds like a good place, still open for ideas though. Time is still up for discussion so throw out some ideas, if you like memorial day weekend or if you would like a different weekend let it be heard.

I would like to have date and location figured out before the end of march or sooner.

Great ideas guys keep em comin :grin:

-Andy

ps- This might be my last post for a bit, spring break has started and im headed to Smith Rock, Oregon to do some climbing :brow:

• 2 weeks later...

Yea i think weather is up in the air either way.

And i wouldnt say brat only, but rather brat mostly ;)

Anyone who is a Brat enthusiast can and should come for a casual get together.

Plus i think the Beast might show off its new carbed ej22 :grin:

Does anyone know if there is a "picnic" area of some sorts at Lake Wenatchee? Ive never been up there.

I was thinking we could meet up in Leavenworth and cruise out to lake Wenatchee and have a little bbq.

Yes, there definitely is. I was there a couple years ago for a SVX gtg and it was awesome.

http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/thumbnailAndmaps/6400042.pdf

Edited by Turbone

I was just thinking about this the other day. Good thing I checked in the Meet and Greet. I have been slowly getting the BRAT back into drivable condition. Not much has changed since the meet, but she has a weber now, and possibly I will have the 5spd D/R in her by then will see...I am basically holding down 3 jobs now (job, student teaching, night classes)

I tend to be a stickler for tradition. I Personally like the memorial day weekend thing. Meet on Sat, Cruz, eat, do what ever on Sun and then return afterwords or on Mon.

I am game for Leavenworth, I just want to be able to camp somewhere (my son and I) We will need tree's there is no way around that (Were hammockers) I don't mind the extra little bit of a Drive from Spokane.

But I am game for a repeat of the E-burg thing again as well.

I was just reminded my the wife that we are busy the weekend of 14th and 15th in May. Just an fyi... I am with Mugs on tradition... but it would also be nice for a change of scenery... and its not that much further than the first and original BRAT meet. just another .02 :grin:

I am with Mugs on tradition... but it would also be nice for a change of scenery... and its not that much further than the first and original BRAT meet. just another .02 :grin:

Didn't really mean "tradition" on location, just dates. If we start making it for M-day weekend then we grow accustomed to it, and can always plan ahead for it. Plus it will be a steady constant that we can look forward to.....Or something like that...I know what I am trying to say :grin: