Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stellaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!NEW PICS!!!!

monstaru

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see. good to know. i still would rather go with a tire i can use on the road for more then 8 thousand miles...

get your own thread if'n ya wanna talk about something other than MY car please:)

cheers, b

NOW, went on a road trip to an interview this weekend.she handled well even at 75mph.no sway bars was a skosch crazy next to semi's, but she powered through.it's amazing the topend power that i get with big rump roast tires at like 65 and up....nuts.top speed was about 90 passing a convoy of trucks....

people were looking at me like WTF!It was awesome.got several honks, head nods and waves from enthusiasts.

cheers, b

i have had 28x 8.50 14 super swamper tsls on it no problem but they dont make that tire anymore from what i hear and i want a more street able tire on it and i have gone to a 15" rim now so i would like to run 235 75 15's but my fenders wont clear it in the front. i would normally be all about a bigger lift but i am broke like a joke right now and i am a mechanic not a fab guy so i cant build all the awesome stuff you guys do which is lame i must admit but i figure a little chopping and bending and maybe 1" strut spacers in the front would do it since it is about an inch lower in the front then the back and i already have 98 outback struts on it. any help i can get from more knowledgeable people then i is greatly appreciated.

Aah.. right! I remember that meaty tire squeezed in there...

Would the tires hit the fender? then strut top spacers (http://www.subtle-solutions.com/product_info.php?products_id=107) would do it.

Or would the tires hit the lower spring perch? then you need a shorter tire profile... maybe 28.5"-29" max?

:banana: good work, auto, lift, welded rear diff!! :banana:

(sorry for thread diversion ;)

get your own thread if'n ya wanna talk about something other than MY car please:)

right! Sorry to contribute to a diversion :rolleyes:

[quote name=monstaru NOW' date=' went on a road trip to an interview this weekend.she handled well even at 75mph.no sway bars was a skosch crazy next to semi's, but she powered through.it's amazing the topend power that i get with big rump roast tires at like 65 and up....nuts.top speed was about 90 passing a convoy of trucks....

people were looking at me like WTF!It was awesome.got several honks, head nods and waves from enthusiasts.

cheers, b[/quote]

Man, dual range with locking center!! :slobber: all over again

plus all the other crazy goodness... I get moist reviewing this build :lol:

So, is that turning a 2.2 or 2.5? And what EJ/RX hybridizing did you do? I forgot, started reviewing the thread, then got lazy ;)

PLUS, what's the final drive now?

I just swapped for an OB 5MT to get 4.11s (and regain reverse ;) and report similarly as you, regarding handling at speed and regaining the power in the top of 5th (not to mention the bottom of 1st-3rd), that I'd lost with the tire upsize.

anyhoo, props again :banana:

• 2 weeks later...

5-29-11--ORVpark-107.jpg

did some tesing when i had time.open front diff, open rear.gonna try to find some time to go out on the wet side wheni get over there.but i'd really like to get the FT$WD 5 spd with LSD trans in before hand.

5-29-11--ORVpark-97.jpg

diggin a ditch

more pics here

cheers, b

Edited by monstaru

to superu. maybe you should just message me so we dont take up precious space not talking about his car...

not prescious space, just courteous. thats all........theres a whole wild board out there for you to use. start your own thread.that simple....

IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5032.jpg

that one^, or this one?\/

IMG_5033.jpg

i'll show the rest of that shtuff tomorrow....

need some more clearance here and there.....gotta start somewhere

IMG_5026.jpg

wanted to get her breathin better....i know , i know.. i need a better filter :)that'll get fixed.i just happened to have that one layin around.and after a while of figurin and cussin i found a little something that would work...

and it was out of stock pieces , and a little junkyard score love.

IMG_5038.jpg

now,go get your own thread to talk about trannies:).........cheers, B

What 15" wheels are these? I've been wanting some myself..

Keep the posts coming, enjoying the thread!

Eager for more superb nastiness added to your IMP! :banana:

I have all kinds of noises that I can't trackdown.After the rear struts rubbing the body and needing a beating,the bearings that i did to make sure that i had space,etc, etc, etc,

These rims clear my struts, but i have spacers, i would look there.There are several types of these rims out there that look the same,.The chrysler pt cruiser has the same rim, different backspace, so unless they were specifically for a Subaru, i would be weary.Unless of course you do the research and find all of the proper offsets.Which can be anywhere between 3.5 to 5.5.........just sayin, there is alot that goes into some of the simplest things I find.....

cheers

Edited by monstaru

i just have the les schwab black steel snow rims they sell for cheap. it was the brake pads, they were not sliding all the way back so they got too hot and cracked and the cracks are holding junk up against the disc. the rims seem to be working fine right now though.

You haVe the setup I am currently wanting. I'm lifted 1.5 inches at the moment, but want more... tons more. Plus the RX tranny swap... I loVe your wagon!!!

I think I see a pushbar/custom bash guard in this car's future...

Twitch

He could always go with the OEM JDM GraVel Express Pushbar (also in the long process of trying to source the GraVel Express Sideskirts and rear tire mount) like me...:grin:

AngryRedPanda.jpg

1158841018_5e9TZ-L-2.jpg

27439615-IMG_3258a.jpg

You haVe the setup I am currently wanting. I'm lifted 1.5 inches at the moment, but want more... tons more. Plus the RX tranny swap... I loVe your wagon!!!

He could always go with the OEM JDM GraVel Express Pushbar (also in the long process of trying to source the GraVel Express Sideskirts and rear tire mount) like me...:grin:

AngryRedPanda.jpg

1158841018_5e9TZ-L-2.jpg

27439615-IMG_3258a.jpg

I like the gravel express stuff, but do not wish to spend the dough on it.

With the 07 forester struts i netted about 4"ish of lift.When I get back to her i will do a couple more inches.maybe.I am trying to just have a fun basic DD.

I COULD do all kinds of things, but I am trying to control myslef.I want to get back to working on the Huggy....

I'll do some more stuff this summer, but i am bad about tying up loose ends.So it may not be much.I will be working on the West side of our state this Summer, so it will be hard to get stuff done.

cheers

IMG_0943.jpg

I stepped away from those.They are still not finished.I decided I wanted to have a lower/stuffable stance.Big/Tall is not always better.The main reason we raise our bodies is to clear tires, and although I still need a skosch I will be getting it a different way.

Your plates will be perfect for mounting your shocks too.Thats what I had planned for the hatch the first time around.

cheers

I like the gravel express stuff, but do not wish to spend the dough on it.

With the 07 forester struts i netted about 4"ish of lift.When I get back to her i will do a couple more inches.maybe.I am trying to just have a fun basic DD.

I COULD do all kinds of things, but I am trying to control myslef.I want to get back to working on the Huggy....

I'll do some more stuff this summer, but i am bad about tying up loose ends.So it may not be much.I will be working on the West side of our state this Summer, so it will be hard to get stuff done.

cheers

Understandable. By luck and location I got my Pushbar. I know of only 1 other one and it was in California (tried to pick it up as a spare). Nooooow it's somewhere in Alaska.

Hum... there is a guy holding onto some 07 s or xt struts for me and judging by your 4" comment I'm super excited! I do haVe to ask what wheel spacers did you use and how big are they?

Understandable. By luck and location I got my Pushbar. I know of only 1 other one and it was in California (tried to pick it up as a spare). Nooooow it's somewhere in Alaska.

Hum... there is a guy holding onto some 07 s or xt struts for me and judging by your 4" comment I'm super excited! I do haVe to ask what wheel spacers did you use and how big are they?

4" in combination With the tires of course.I used 1" spacers.Some generic brand from thE Bay.I had to trim the ************ out of it for the tires though. Still need to flare out the fronts more.cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok, so I have an engine getting resealed.I replaced the rear links with some ebay specials

:D.NO mor esqueeky squeeky

I will be mounting a set of new 235's this week.May have to actually pu tthe blocks in I been workin on.:clap:

I am looking forward to adding a little weight to her to settle out the struts some more.They are a little stiff for the weight of the car I think.

Pics soon....;)cheers<me

I did, I thought I sent you a thank you PM....sorry...:-pYES, and AWESOME....I am almost ready for that project;).

But before that I need to make her reliable in a biblical sense..

Which I am currently fairly on top of it.

Like i said , I bought the first set of new tires I have ever put on a subaru I think.....Maybe one set before.But I usually buy used Lt truck tires and ruun them out.....:DMy wife gets new tires when she needs them;)

I will be adding a skosch of lift to add the tires, and I will finish clearanceing the fenders....

Then I will get a couple of weeks off from school, and I will see how I feel about doing something FUn on her...;):drunk:

Finally...

cheers..

Did you get those decals I mailed to you?;)