Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stellaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!NEW PICS!!!!

monstaru

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i got some basic stuff done,threw some bearings at some extra knuckles i had layin around.

the rear will be disc brakes now, from an early lego.....

disabling the ABS as i go......

working on finding a damn saw that will cut true so i can finish of the lift blocks....hopefully that will get done this week..

that damn rear camber/toe issue needs resolved pronto though , i know that.seems like it is getting worse.

so next on the agenda is definitely the rear setup, lift or not...i just hate to take stuff apart two or three times....but oh well.

anyone know if the width of an 4EAT at the stub axles , is the same as the D/R's at the stub axles?

cheers, b

If i am reading your question correctly

The auto and 5 speed legacy trans are the same width at the stubs and the front of the legacy 5 speed and EA 5 speed DR are the same case and stubs so i would put money on them being the same on the stub axles.

Cheers R

that damn rear camber/toe issue needs resolved pronto though , i know that.seems like it is getting worse.

Adjust the inner ends of the radius arms. Push them out to get the camber, and adjust the front one in/out for toe.

Adjust the inner ends of the radius arms. Push them out to get the camber, and adjust the front one in/out for toe.

umm, i was not asking for advice.:)i was ***************ing about the strut being bent, or the knuckle being tweaked.no bent links, replaced the leading arm so far and took a gander.lets just say i am HOPING it is a strut.:grin:..i just have not had time for it yet.

it'll get fixed when the new struts, knuckles, and disc brakes :headbang:get put on the back this next weekend hopefully

i was thinking of making my own rear lateral links..and make them TRULY adjustable....i have some tube, and some BIG rod ends .....but only have right hand threads.which will be ok i guess.i'll just have to remove the link from one end to adjust.this is still just a thought though........

cheers, b

Edited by monstaru

i 've got good reason to believe that i have all of the pieces for the fun trans.

4.11 from ty752va1aa

RX trans

D/R for the lows.......

now, do i go with the $.11's and have to stay viscuous.or go 3.9's and

maintain diff lock.

anyways,goin on the strut train tomorrow.end destination: KICK rump roast:lol::banana:

all i can say is wow.....

with simply 07 forester struts, and 235's ..it compares to Lilly on 6" and 235's.

she looks good.i'll see what i can do about some better pics tomorrow. but you get the point.

cheers, b

IMG_5156.jpg

Edited by monstaru

That Pic pales in comparison with what the realy dealy is yo.

Show the real pics man, Or you could continue to tease us, and keep "fluffing" around.

I' might be over to help tonight. Gotta go to PnS for the 5spd d/r stuffes need for the Brautworst.

OK<OK...sorry we could not do anything today.it is still snowing outside, and i am a beat piece of meat .and i only hikedd 5 miles today with gear.half of it in hip waders.but i am mostly sore from doing THIS all weekend.......

IMG_5160.jpg

IMG_5161.jpg

IMG_5163.jpg

IMG_5164.jpg

cheers, b:grin: