Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stellaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!NEW PICS!!!!

monstaru

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, i was pissed at that last night.........

just the trailing arm wil help a bunch.and i have been wheeling for years man.not just in subaru's.i know the ins and outs.this isn't my first rodeo.

i have yet to cut the pipe for the fronts, already have the back fingered out.

its all about time...

cheers, b

Edited by monstaru

now, do i go with the $.11's and have to stay viscuous.or go 3.9's and

maintain diff lock.

That is a tough question! I personally would stick with the diff lock, but the advantage of the 4.11 diff ratio is very appealing too. With this in mind, some fellas over here have been "building" the best of both worlds. With some ingenuity and good welding skills they've created a 4.11 ratio pinion shaft that will fit the RX AWD tranny with locking centre diff. Here are some pics of the one that is destined for my AWD L box build:

p4220005rs.jpg

^ Note the weld about a 2 inches from the pinion gear.

p4220006rs.jpg

p4220007rs.jpg

I'm not sure if this was made from two EJ AWD pinion shafts, one being the 4.11 gear or if an RX AWD pinion shaft was cut and shut. I currently don't have an EJ pinion shaft handy to compare I'm sorry. Food for thought, sorry I didn't actually give you an answer to your question!

wow, i was pissed at that last night...

Yeah you were!! Classic.

That thing is a beast!!!!! Love it! :banana::banana:

Totally agree! The thing looks wild with no lift and the large tyres!

Keep up the good work - can't wait for some pics on the tracks!

Cheers

Bennie

UMMM He did lift it. Brian is a masterful builder, and a great problem solver.

He did not just put some big tires on it and call it a day. He really did lift it what your seeing is the tires filling in the wheel well after the lift. Because believe those wouldn't have even fit in a stock height imp wagon.

Now go take you wanna be criticism somewhere else. What you got that's lifted huh? And if you did I bet it was with store bought pre fabbed bolt in stuff, not your own engineered items.

Edited by Mugs

UMMM He did lift it. Brian is a masterful builder, and a great problem solver.

He did not just put some big tires on it and call it a day. He really did lift it what your seeing is the tires filling in the wheel well after the lift. Because believe those wouldn't have even fit in a stock height imp wagon.

Now go take you wanna be criticism somewhere else. What you got that's lifted huh? And if you did I bet it was with store bought pre fabbed bolt in stuff, not your own engineered items.

slow down speed racer, there is an arguement to whether or not this is a LIFT.....i could care less.

he has some good things to say as well.

cheers, b

That is a tough question! I personally would stick with the diff lock, but the advantage of the 4.11 diff ratio is very appealing too. With this in mind, some fellas over here have been "building" the best of both worlds. With some ingenuity and good welding skills they've created a 4.11 ratio pinion shaft that will fit the RX AWD tranny with locking centre diff. Here are some pics of the one that is destined for my AWD L box build:

p4220005rs.jpg

^ Note the weld about a 2 inches from the pinion gear.

p4220006rs.jpg

p4220007rs.jpg

I'm not sure if this was made from two EJ AWD pinion shafts, one being the 4.11 gear or if an RX AWD pinion shaft was cut and shut. I currently don't have an EJ pinion shaft handy to compare I'm sorry. Food for thought, sorry I didn't actually give you an answer to your question!

Yeah you were!! Classic.

Totally agree! The thing looks wild with no lift and the large tyres!

Keep up the good work - can't wait for some pics on the tracks!

Cheers

Bennie

bennie, i simply do not have the means to weld the shafts.otherwise i would go that route.

the diff lock would be sweet, but i have never had it before , so i don't know what i am missing:lol:

if i WAS gonna weld some pinions i would just go for the $.$$'s..:grin:

anyways,it was more of a rhetorical question by the time i had even gotten done typing it.i have wanted better final drive ratio for an offroad application for a while...so 4.11's it is....

unless , some 4.44's just dropped in my lap out of thin air....then i would SERIOUSLY consider it.

thanks for the pics.just out of curiousity do you have the specs of the welding equipment and process they went through to do the pinions?

cheers, b

so, every damn thing that could be bent on the rear end was.therefore no adjustment was gonna take care of it.

so i rednecked some stuff

had to cut some stuff. ..that super long god damn bolt sucks......

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5176.jpg

bent ************...........

IMG_5174.jpg

take all of it out.replace with MOAR....

IMG_5180.jpg

how she was last night after the hellday that is rust.......************ rust.

complete adjustability......priceless...

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5187.jpg

the bed camber/toe issues, are obviously taken care of.bent something or other.whatever the hell it really was is beyond me.so i fixed the problem.

a

cheers, b

mad thanks to Mugs, and Bacc for the help and photos....

Edited by monstaru

Ah, I see the long bolt has a new enemy.

It really is a b**** to get out when it's rusted in good, isn't it?

Glad to see you got your toe problems fixed with an upgrade :)

Always nice to see that.

I'd say something token like "keep up the good work" or something cookie cutter like that, but I know you'll do whatever the hell you want.

So just do whatever the hell you want! :-p

Twitch

Dude,

You have no idea how bad I want to do this now. That thing is so sick...It looks like a real live stomper, all beefy and squaty, sorta bull doggish too. :headbang::clap::burnout:

I thought a wagon looked good lifted, but this takes the cake, with the Imp body lines and all.

Now start tubing the bumpers man...well get the motor in a reliable condition first.

welp, i new i had more to do to the rear fenders to get them where i want them.so, i jumped some railroad tracks today to find THE spot that was rubbing.

i found it:grin:..

i say jumped,

it was more like dropping in a big pothole, hitting the track, bouncing off of it and coming down hard, sideways-ish.

it is obviously something you slow down for usually..

but other than the tire chunking, yes i chunked it.straight cosmetic .doonk, doonk, doonk,doonk, all the way home:lol:

i was glad to find out it was rubber.

i think i may actually put swaybars back on.then make disconnects.i gotta measure the swaybars i pulled off.and make a mounting surface on the links.

but , all in all i would say succeessful. the struts have settled out about now.so i think i can actually get this thing into shape to go fast, AND deep.:)

cheers, b

So my dad comes home from work yesterday (He drives bus for STA) and says to me, "I saw the coolest looking little Subaru today! It was like an Impreza but not. Something '...sport'. Blue, lifted with big awesome wheels, missing something on the front but I don't remember what... Man, it was cool!" :lol:

I showed him this thread and he was like :eek: THAT'S THE ONE! :banana:

Makes me proud to know ya on here! :rolleyes:

Thought you'd enjoy hearing that :D

Edited by GirlWithALegacy