Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stellaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!NEW PICS!!!!

monstaru

FILTHY. Don't trade this one.

This should be your facebook pic

img13gz.jpg

it pretty much describes me too a T doesn't it :)

if i wasna looking for prospective employment, i would put it up there Tex.i had andrew take it off so's i could look like anice guy :rolleyes:

its ashame , damn ashame.cuse it is an AWESOME pic of me.

:lol:cheers, b

oh yeah, the car....

so apparently there has been a water leak for a very long time.into the rear compartment.after finding the plug that would relieve pressure, it ran out of the drivers side most rear compartment below the jack for 56 seconds:eek:it was ALOT of water.she musta lost ten pounds at least.....at least it will help with tire rub:grin:

i started trimming properly in the rear, insrtead of the ghetto pound i had goin on since i installed the tires.i will post pics of the carnage when i do the other side today or this weekend. cheers, b

Edited by monstaru

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that looks absolutely SIC monstaru!! How much ground clearance do you have under your oil pan and rear diff? Also, how close are the tires to the struts?

He's at 11.5" at the rear diff, and 10.5" at the exhaust y pipe union, which is the lowest hanging part of the front of the car at this moment.

Knowing Brian, I am sure that that "problem" will get solved soon enough.

oh yeah, the car....

so apparently there has been a water leak for a very long time.into the rear compartment.after finding the plug that would relieve pressure, it ran out of the drivers side most rear compartment below the jack for 56 seconds:eek:it was ALOT of water.she musta lost ten pounds at least.....at least it will help with tire rub:grin:

Do you think that had anything to do with the rear window washer fluid? It stopped pumping water to the window a while ago.

-Andy

Do you think that had anything to do with the rear window washer fluid? It stopped pumping water to the window a while ago.

-Andy

it might, except it was all clear instead of blue.there was a large gash in the top of the rubberized material that was holding the taillamp on.about 4.5 inches across the top was letting water in like a funnel.

so, with that side sealed up, and a new passenger side lens,all gooped up ready to dry out...i can see what is next.cheers, b

Your car is beautiful, I love it. I hope my legacy ends up looking this cool eventually. Where did you get those wheel spacers? My brat needs some badly after I added five lug using the xt6 control arms, the rear is a lot narrower then the front now.

Your car is beautiful, I love it. I hope my legacy ends up looking this cool eventually. Where did you get those wheel spacers? My brat needs some badly after I added five lug using the xt6 control arms, the rear is a lot narrower then the front now.

she is super rough.i mean, in considering that MOST try to make them all show cars....(impreza's)...

it is really fun.i have A LOT of work to do to make her as "pretty" as i'd like.

cheers, b

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_5380.jpg

moar trimming....just finding the absolute least amount of trim available.without a lift beyond struts.

IMG_5381.jpg

silly flexing on my hill...

with some more flaring on the fronts, and a little more trimming , and sealing she'll be good for flex regardless if she gets a "lift' or not..

IMG_5380.jpg

IMG_5370.jpg

IMG_5375.jpg

some more rollin can help here...

IMG_5382.jpg

i think i wanna stretch the limits of no blocks further because peeps wanna say you can't.but whatever.i know you can.

plenty of flex, maybe even more down travel....we'll see.

those links are noisy. damn are they noisy...

cheers, b

Edited by monstaru

Sweet awesomeness!!! Very nice work on the IMP!! I like I like!!

BUT. . . . . . how did you get this to work in your diff? Does that MY IMP

have pins for the diff side of the half shafts?

I have an CLSD to put into my legacy, and now have an OB tranny and rear end. BUT problems with compatability. . .

IMG_5073.jpg

Not hijacking here, I'm loving your build just inquiring on a detail. . .

thanks,

-mw-

Sweet awesomeness!!! Very nice work on the IMP!! I like I like!!

BUT. . . . . . how did you get this to work in your diff? Does that MY IMP

have pins for the diff side of the half shafts?

I have an CLSD to put into my legacy, and now have an OB tranny and rear end. BUT problems with compatability. . .

Not hijacking here, I'm loving your build just inquiring on a detail. . .

thanks,

-mw-

thats for the front brau....in the transaxle.....:grin:I will eventually weld up the rear.

cheers, b

thats for the front brau....in the transaxle.....:grin:I will eventually weld up the rear.

cheers, b

DOOOH! That's a front LSD unit? DAMMIT!!!

so no probvs with CVs and pins then, cuz they got 'em up front!

Well then, even COOLER rig you got there mang!! LSD front, EJ turning dual range impreza, welded rear.. awesome!

note: this guy covets

you should come see it in person.getting shot gives you street cred.you can meet me now.:lol:no , really, i'd like to talk you out of your transmission, and diff so.....:)cheers, b

I'd love to see it in person.

And... okay. But you're not getting the LSD. that bish is mine. :)

I've got a wish list of goodies. maybe a trade is in order. check my FS thread for details.

(and yeah. I got mad street cred. I run this town, son!)

Edited by thatswhatshesaid
added thuggish remark

Bwa ha ha what the subie alley gang

I'd love to see it in person.

And... okay. But you're not getting the LSD. that bish is mine. :)

I've got a wish list of goodies. maybe a trade is in order. check my FS thread for details.

(and yeah. I got mad street cred. I run this town, son!)

i have to ask you because i have been following this thread religiously. i have a 95 legacy and i want to go up a tire size without more lift. i can chop down the fenderwell as you have in the back but what is the best way to clearance the front fenders?

i have to ask you because i have been following this thread religiously. i have a 95 legacy and i want to go up a tire size without more lift. i can chop down the fenderwell as you have in the back but what is the best way to clearance the front fenders?

i clippedd the front like i did the back, and i still need to roll it a skosch.but the biggest issue is strut clearance.even with the spacers i have , any bigger and i would need a wider spacer.which i was not comfortable with trying out.

cheers, b

I've seen some of your posts and pix but I've been wondering why you don't want to do a lift... You've squished some meaty mud terrains in there haven't you?

Anyhoo, strut top spacers are like $215 shipped, and of course OB struts would be better but also more $$, then there's 2nd gen forester strut assemblies.

just curious...

• 2 weeks later...

i have had 28x 8.50 14 super swamper tsls on it no problem but they dont make that tire anymore from what i hear and i want a more street able tire on it and i have gone to a 15" rim now so i would like to run 235 75 15's but my fenders wont clear it in the front. i would normally be all about a bigger lift but i am broke like a joke right now and i am a mechanic not a fab guy so i cant build all the awesome stuff you guys do which is lame i must admit but i figure a little chopping and bending and maybe 1" strut spacers in the front would do it since it is about an inch lower in the front then the back and i already have 98 outback struts on it. any help i can get from more knowledgeable people then i is greatly appreciated.

i kinda just built this car on a whim because i was tired of seeing lowered versions and noticed my moms outback was taller then mine so i slapped some outback struts on it ordered some super swampers went to work on the fenders a little bit with my cutting wheel and had a buddy weld my rear diff and i have been wheelin the piss out of it for almost four years this way. i am just ready to change it up a little.

tires are back ordered

i have had 28x 8.50 14 super swamper tsls on it no problem but they dont make that tire anymore from what i hear and i want a more street able tire on it and i have gone to a 15" rim now so i would like to run 235 75 15's but my fenders wont clear it in the front. i would normally be all about a bigger lift but i am broke like a joke right now and i am a mechanic not a fab guy so i cant build all the awesome stuff you guys do which is lame i must admit but i figure a little chopping and bending and maybe 1" strut spacers in the front would do it since it is about an inch lower in the front then the back and i already have 98 outback struts on it. any help i can get from more knowledgeable people then i is greatly appreciated.