Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 92 SVX blew a water pump, info please

So she died, in my driveway at least. Warming her up for college, and just coolant everywhere! I have the shop manuals for her, but its going to be a real PITA. Just curious if anyone did one on a SVX. I have to remove the WHOLE front end to replace the waterpump. I also have to replace the timing belt(better if i have to take it off). Just curious I'm driving the brat till hopefully I get it fixed by the end of the summer.

Thanks in advance!

Darrell

Well the timing belt is what makes this waterpump go. I'm more mad on how difficult it will be to just replace a simple thing. I swear my Delorean is easier to work on some days than this thing.

I got some guys on the SVX forums that gave me all the oem part numbers that I need to replace since I have it all taken apart.

Thanks again!

Darrell

It is possible to place w/it still in the car.

like 94loyale said remove the radiator first.

You will need to remove the crank pulley and get to the covers. You might as well get a timing belt kit while you are at it. Don't be too freaked out about getting the timing right on the first shot. The EG33 is non-interferential.

Good luck. If you need documentation or how to set the timing shot me a PM