Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 1993 Loyale: Work In Progress

GirlWithALegacy

(Actually suprised when I realized you were a female and tackleing this project):)

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry for having to say this- But females can do ALL that you can, except perhaps, spelling the word tackling.

Edited by KaraK

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Jeez its been a while since I've been on this thing... I've looked countless times for a writeup with pictures on how to change my oil pump gasket. Any suggestions? My HTKYSA is wonderful except its for the wrong years... If only I had the next in the series... anyhow. My main question is do you have to remove the timing belts to do this? I know you have to take the covers off... and the clutch fan gets in the way I'm told... but I don't want to dig into this if I'm gonna screw up my timing... Thx

• 3 months later...

Well I'm sure glad I kept that old hood... replaced the winshield washer line heads with the ones from the old hood and they work good as new! Also did my brake pads and rotors. Partsyard had a $6/tire special on and I found a whole set of studded snow tires with decent tread left on em. All in all I'd say its been a pretty productive week :) Alls I have left to replace is the passenger side axle and swap out for some better tires and I'll be all ready for WCSS14 :)

u could get that to come out with a "come along" really easy my friend did it with the door post(passenger door also known as shot-gun) on my sisters 87 subaru gl wagon after his wife hit it going in reverse luckily he bought all replacing parts and he installed them, he did alot of autobody for a long until he hurt his back really bad:-\(he was in construction and fell two stories and broke his back which now has a disk in it:-\)

So I straightened that fender out much as I could...

0411111913.jpg

0411111914.jpg

• 1 month later...

Soooo almost 195k miles. Changed the oil and put a new plug bolt in since the old one was rounded off http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z131/rosie4491/Mobile%20Uploads/mms_picture-27.jpg .... Replaced the front passenger side axle and wheel bearings. Fixed a couple small trim pieces like the thing that holds the lap belt from falling down http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z131/rosie4491/Mobile%20Uploads/mms_picture-25.jpg so you can actually buckle up in my passneger seat again :headbang: lol. Uhhh hooked up my emissions canister finally. Got an alignment and replaced my break pads and rotors. http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z131/rosie4491/Mobile%20Uploads/mms_picture-24.jpg All that in the last month. :clap:

Next up: Rear shoes and cylinders. Passenger side is leaking like crazy so I only have 2 brakes atm. Kinda sucks... a lot. But I plan on attacking that in the morning before work.

• 2 weeks later...

Scratch that! I missed taking Rook to WCSS but gained rear disk brakes for my car in the process!!! :headbang: Already installed one side (so I could move my car off my poor neighbors lawn) :o oops. Its raining so I'm gonna work on the other side tomorrow... so excited for this upgrade though! Now when I pre reg for next years show I'll actually have something to write! :D

• 3 weeks later...
did u do a gl-10 disc brake setup or what?

You know I'm not 100% sure.. I believe they're off an 86 turbo xt??? But DONT quote me on that. That's just what comes to mind... lol

Progress Report:

From THIS

0326111428.jpg

To THIS

0524111457a.jpg

Down to THIS

DSCN2181.jpg

To Ever-glorious THIS :D

mms_picture-28.jpg

I still have plenty of work to do... but I feel very accomplished. :D Thanks for everybody's help and support so far! I couldn't have done all this without a few close friends and everyone on USMB. :headbang:

Onto the next item on the list :Flame: Wheeler Wagon!