Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Guy

Hi i'm new to being a member of this forum, but have been following it as an outsider for a while now. I have a suber-project of my own going right now, and have drawn a lot of inspiring ideas from this website.

My current project is a 1986 Subaru GL wagon. Its 5 speed manual with dual range 4wd. The engine is all tore down and I'm in the process of getting some new heads for it. I just bought the car about a month ago and i'm finally getting into it now.

Before this car i had a '82 gl brat. I had it for a day and realized that it would be a lot more work than i was willing to do, so i sold it. It had the t-tops and 3rd eye and dual range 4wd, just like pretty much all the gl's. I was sad to see it go but i knew i was saving myself some headache.

My first car, and the car i still have besides my new one, is an '88 gl wagon. This one is just a 3 speed auto with push button 4wd.

I have quite a few engine tear downs under my belt, 1 ea81 teardown and rebuild, and about 4 or 5 ea82 teardown and rebuilds. My dad had an old ea81 wagon, and has had quite a few ea82 cars; hence the reason i have so much experience with these cars.

I live, eat, breathe subaru. :banana:

Once i figure this forum all out i'll be sure to post some pictures of all the cars.

Happy to be a part of this community :)

-Chad

"You may post new threads

You may post replies

You may not post attachments

You may edit your posts"

Does anybody know how long it will be until i can post attatchments?

At first i couldn't post threads or reply to them, but then i got the confirmation email etc etc... will i have to get another email or something?

:confused:

It just has to do with your post count. Mostly its there to keep the spammers and scammers from doing their dirty work here. I want to say its something like 10 or 15 legitimate posts.

Oh yeah...welcome to the board.

Sweet, I'll just comment around on all the awesome stuff that people have done on this site :)

Thanks for the welcome!

I told you guys I would post pics when I could, so here goes:

The first two are my new car I was talking about, and the others are the brat that I sold. I'll get a pic or two of my '88 in here sometime later.

post-38050-136027647648_thumb.jpg

post-38050-136027647654_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]8591[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8592[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8593[/ATTACH]