Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone from around carson city NV?

reno is close enough. do you come into carson much? there is one spot i really want to take my car that is kings canyon. but there were some pretty bad wash outs last time i went up there. you have to have a short wheel base or its a pain.

I tried Kings Canyon, from the top of Spooner a couple of years ago. I went a couple of miles, then a nasty washout made me turn back (I was by myself, out of cel service).

I went up from the Carson side a few weeks ago, got past the campground a few hundred yards, but the sharp rocks embedded in the trail kind of made me a little leery, afraid to shred a tire (also by myself then).

Prison Hill was OK, quite different than Tahoe or Doyle. A good place to go offroad for a "quickie"..just watch out for motorcycles.

Brunswick Canyon is really rough. Lots of big sharp bowling ball size rocks.

The hill out Goni Road (behind the airport) has lots of trails, one goes over to New Washoe City.

Then there's Jumbo Grade, I'd like to try that.

I believe Kings Canyon still has lots of snow, especially up at the top (can be seen from Spooner Summit (US 50)).

There's a few easy trails just off of Deer Run St., going east towards Brunswick. Good for 2WD.

My buddy is coming up on the 15th of March in his 84 wagon. I know he would love to go wheelin with us. I dunno if any of you can make it that day or not? Let me know so we can make plans.

Dave, I remember you telling me about some trails out where I am… north 395 somewhere???? Where exactly is that? I need to go check it out.

Jeremy

Doyle Grade is where we go cutting Xmas trees (with the USFS permit, of course). It's north of you: 395 north of Hallelujah Junction, into California , north of railroad crossing. Doyle Grade is well signed on the left. Take Doyle past pavement's end into USFS land, voila.

Mondays are the worse days for me. Its almost impossible to get a monday off without using vacation. Sunday's are good though. Is this your friend from Chico? I would like to finally get to meet him.

Im down for about anything... Im sure i can follow, and pull you guys out of anything.

-Brian