Ultimate Subaru Message Board

86 XT Gl-10 with no power @ fuel pump?

A thought just occured to me after reading your post. If I remember correctly the Ignition Relay may have dual contacts. Some I know for sure do anyways. One set of contacts for power to the ECU and the other set for the fuel pump relay circuit. I don't have access to my service data to verify what yours has but if the Ignition Relay has at least 6 wires running to it then it has dual contacts. If this is the case make sure that the second set of contacts are making good connection also when the relay is turned on.

I have gotten the codes out of the ECM and it pulled a code 14 that in a XT GL10 turbo is the Air flow meter. In the TBI, and the N/A MPFI it's a fuel injection problem. I conformed that the AFS is bad using a voltage test, and a resistance test. Thank you all for your help, I am not out in the clear yet as well as it may be a week until I get it the Air flow meter in the mail. This may be only part of the problem. The Ignition still needs work, though that might be for a new thread.

If the fuel pump still isn't getting power I suggest you check the Ignition Relay and see if there is two sets of contacts inside it, as I mentioned in my last post. If there is a second set of contacts I believe it ties to the fuel pump relay circuit. Tapping on the relay may allow the contacts to work for a bit if that is the trouble.

You are right I changed the Air Flow meter for a painful 220, only to get a code 13 witch is the crank angle sencer or some ignition switch problem. My book has gone missing.

Edited by Rossi86

• 4 weeks later...

I have repaired some but if you can find another good used one for even 50 dollars you would be ahead just spending the money on it as a spare. The money spent on shipping, repair time, and replacement parts to fix yours will be more than 50 dollars.

It runs nicely with a new ECU. Any one repair ECU's? I would like to fix the first one and put it back in.:)

i've seen folks located the bad resistor and repair an EA82 ECU. i tried to do the same part that was bad on another persons that fixed theirs was not bad on mine and nothing looked noticeably bad so i didn't get anywhere besides opening it up.

you can pull it apart and test all the transistors, resistors, etc on the board one by one.