Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Why would you want to mount the door mirror like that, it just does not look strong. Sorry, sorry 2012!!

Cars are built to last anymore they just should have some looks, preferably a like the others on the market.

I now get 28 mpg on propane and 34 on gasoline with a EJ161 and MT. For Europe the really should downsize those engines otherwise they can forget selling any. Oh wait that is why we have the 1.5 front wheel drive, then you are better of with anything cheaper than a Subaru.

http://youtu.be/XNUEZZpDY0c

Skip to 2:50.

Has there ever been a Subaru that has the option to store the tonneau cover somewhere IN the car? Because I would LOVE my Outback to have that (rather than have it fling around with seats folded down nor leave it in the garage).

I don't know about you guys, but even the first generation Impreza wasn't exactly anything to be excited about in terms of styling (2.5RS, WRX, and STi exempted).

I agree, have a first gen (second facelift) impreza plus, it is just a japanese car like the others from 1994 to 2000 (toyota and nissan). Just good build quality but just missing those tiny design bits as we could see on the french and italian cars from that time. On the other hand my first gen Legacy was very ahead in 1991 when we got it.

But in my opinion the impreza and legacy models all look different from the time series. If you look at a VW polo (euro), golf or passat all (yes ALL) the models look nearly exactly the same as the previous version.

I liked the previous version of the impreza and this was is ok was well.

Mainstream, maybe. Larger, doubt it.

Looks the same size and even lightened it. WIN.

The new 2.0 and 2.5 engines are badass in more than one way. WIN.

36 mpg. WIN.

It's a Subaru. WIN.

I don't see ANYTHING to complain about. Subaru is doing good for themselves and the rest of the world. The more people they appeal to, the more people there are driving Subarus. I see NOTHING wrong with that.

I agree. ^

Subaru is going in the right direction and we're ragging on them for it? That's what doesn't make sense to me.

I'll even go so far as to say the looks are all right. Sure it's nothing to write home about, but that's not what we love Subarus for anyway. Besides, at least they're finally moving on from the current generation of styling (or complete lack there of).

Those saying they don't like the mirrors, here is my valid response and it is two fold.

1: The BRAT had mirrors mounted to the door

2: It is very apparent the wind noise we get near the mirror triangles on the ones mounted to the window, on thie newer cars where it is mounted on the glass corner, not door.

This is a solution to the mirror wind-noise. They may have fixed something by going back in time to the old version.

good job Subaru

And i big kudos of love for striving for better fuel mileage, and for going for less HP. I love lighter, less power, as quick if not faster with less power, and getting lots better mpg/ done with rant, and very good job Subaru.

I went to that NYC auto show last monday, and I have to say I wasn't really impressed with the sedan version of the new impreza, but the wagon I liked a little more.

36.jpg?t=1304190207

38.jpg?t=1304190207

39.jpg?t=1304190207

I'm still not a big fan, I like my 02 WRX, and My ea81s I'll be sticking with them for a while.

I think every current Subaru model has window frames.

The frame-less windows are cool and all, but they are a royal pita, and they make the car seem cheap when they get loose and rattle around. Window frames = no more rattly windows!

All my Subarus with frameless windows have badly scratched glass from non-secured up and down over the years. The new frames will prevent scratching because they stabilize the glass.

Good job Subaru for fixing this problem of scratched side windows from the start.

Thanks for listening to our legit gripes over the years.

Now, please come out with the FWD with push button to AWD switch, and let us get 45mpg when in FWD mode, please listen SOA,

I will judge when I see it in person...like I did with my 08...hated it cause of the pictures alone..but when I saw one in person and test drove it..I fell in love. almost 4 years later I STILL love my 08...everything about it.I can easily get 34 mpg out of it...72K miles of complete trouble free ownership.

They are dropping it down from 170 hp to 145 ( or close to that) .. which shouldnt be a problem if they lighten the car up.

actually I like the roof rack design better on the 2012.. cause the cross bars on ones like mine are noisy!! Its nice that they are quickly removed but the rattles and wind noise can be irritating at times

• 2 weeks later...

To me, it looks like the previous generation Legacy, with a shorter tail.

Which was a sexy car, IMHO.

Not a fan of the size, but then again I'm not over 6' and I love the compact

size of my EA81's :)

I think Subaru got a solid double out of this, maybe a triple if they can really

pull off 36+ mpg.

This will make my parents feel foolish for buying a Nissan Cube, because the

new Imp will be getting better gas mileage with more power and AWD.

And it will have power below 4000 rpm and no rubber band transmission (CVT)

Twitch

To me, it looks like the previous generation Legacy, with a shorter tail.

Which was a sexy car, IMHO.

Not a fan of the size, but then again I'm not over 6' and I love the compact

size of my EA81's :)

I think Subaru got a solid double out of this, maybe a triple if they can really

pull off 36+ mpg.

This will make my parents feel foolish for buying a Nissan Cube, because the

new Imp will be getting better gas mileage with more power and AWD.

And it will have power below 4000 rpm and no rubber band transmission (CVT)

Twitch

And not look as silly as a Nissan Cube. :lol: