Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone have JDM projector headlights?

Thinking of buying a set of the glass JDM projector headlights from ebay. Does anyone know if these are direct plug or will I have to do some electrical engineering to make them work?

These are the complete headlight unit, not a lightbulb replacement kit.

Use the search function to find a few posts on JDM headlights.

Be aware that the focus of the projector lights is backwards (for a RHD setup). You will not see the curbside well and you will blind oncoming traffic.

Search legacygt.com. There's a post on there how to wire them. Pretty easy, really.

They're not hard to adjust, just adjust them.

I really like mine, awesome output over stock. Truly amazing difference. And they look badass :banana:

IMG_3775.jpg

IMG_3788.jpg

They do look badass!

I noticed the JDM are one piece unit with turn signal rather than two piece, any fit problems with that?

Also, what years are interchangeable, 96-99?

thanks

They are one-piece. But they'll work fin in cars with 2-piece lights. My GT up there had the 2 part, and they fit just fine.

I had them until I wrecked my car....

like others said you will blind traffic unless you don't do anything about the cutoff..

For me I ground out the cut off and I made one out of a coke can for a LHD car.. never got flashed ever.

I had them until I wrecked my car....

like others said you will blind traffic unless you don't do anything about the cutoff..

For me I ground out the cut off and I made one out of a coke can for a LHD car.. never got flashed ever.

I didn't get flashed until I put HIDs in mine, it attracts all the ladies :lol:

I didn't get flashed until I put HIDs in mine, it attracts all the ladies :lol:

I had HID's in mine with my custom LHD set-up.. It's way better then these crappy stock headlights I'm driving with now :-/

I just don't have the money to buy the lights at the moment.. but I did put yellow film over my foglights and I can see my foglights better then my headlights..

I miss the projector lights man you can see reflective street signs from a good distance.. It's like a night and day difference.

speaking of headlights I need to ask around here about what's not fitting right on my outback.

• 3 weeks later...
I had HID's in mine with my custom LHD set-up.. It's way better then these crappy stock headlights I'm driving with now :-/

I just don't have the money to buy the lights at the moment.. but I did put yellow film over my foglights and I can see my foglights better then my headlights..

I miss the projector lights man you can see reflective street signs from a good distance.. It's like a night and day difference.

speaking of headlights I need to ask around here about what's not fitting right on my outback.

really curious since I have seen people talking about this yellow film over their fog lights. Where can I purchase it? expensive? also have a problem with headlights misfit..

Edited by armandjones82

really curious since I have seen people talking about this yellow film over their fog lights. Where can I purchase it? expensive? also have a problem with headlights misfit..

I got mine from ebay really cheap 24" wide roll

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280642821952&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

holding up great and I would of never thought I would get a lot of looks from it.. with the lights on every time I pass someone I always see them look down at the lights :)

I got to use them in some real heavy PA fog and they really did help cut the fog (I know stock lights don't get love)