Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Jessekrs123's 1984 Subaru BRAT

Recently got a GoPro Hero 2, so I went out in the BRAT to test it out.

I hear those cameras are pretty nice, I like the footage that comes from them. Do they also take pictures? I want one. :D

Nice score.

That video makes me miss driving mine, I can't wait until summers here and the road salt is gone.....

I'm so thankful that the Seattle/ Puget Sound areas refuses to use salt and some chemical deicers.

I hear those cameras are pretty nice, I like the footage that comes from them. Do they also take pictures? I want one. :D

Nice score.

Yes, it is a very nice camera for what it is. Very compact, lots of resolution settings, and yes it does take pictures. It can even take pictures like for a slideshow with certain increments of time from taking a picture every half a second to one minute in between.

It's a little hard to figure out at first, but if you do choose to get one, you should be able to find your way around. It can hold up to 4 hours of filming in a 32 gig memory card.

One problem is that it records to .mp4 files which have to be converted if you want to do any video editing, or if you have editing software that supports .mp4s, you should be good.

It comes with a bunch of mounting equipment as well. Very nifty camera.

Almost time for a CT Vintage Winter Meet !!!

My '78 has been out in the snow already , and waiting to play this weekend again.

Hey Jes , I ran into a guy who probably ran along with your dad back in the old gravel yard days up near Watertown ...Waterbury

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Enjoy the work and making money. The Brat will be there , just keep it off the dirt. Any meet ups planned? Not that I have a lot of time but I'll try to get the '78 up there and flaunt it by F&S :)

Haven't checked that CT board in ages.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey !!!!! Cafiene and Carburetors down in New Canaan this Sunday.

Go there !!!!! Go early , and meet me with my '78 !

Don't try to enter the main line up with the big toys - unless they direct you to - but instead drive up to first flagger and pull into a lot on either side of the road. I will probably be on the left parked in the front parking line if at all possible.

Down Rt. 7 or 8 , to Merrit Pkwy. south to Rt. 123 exit (39?) , take left off exit go up to the light and take a left. Follow to Cherry St. take left , go straight , by that time you'll already have been following along with vintage cars. Meet is right next to train station. Zumbach's coffee place.

Awesome man! Were you at WBM? I think I saw your legacy if that's what you drove there.

Yeah, that was my green Legacy with the golds. I didn't get a chance to wander the parking lot, but I saw a few pics of your car at the meet and I'm still kicking myself for not having seen it in person. You do some strong work, it would have been an honor to see it in person.

Hey !!!!! Cafiene and Carburetors down in New Canaan this Sunday.

Go there !!!!! Go early , and meet me with my '78 !

Don't try to enter the main line up with the big toys - unless they direct you to - but instead drive up to first flagger and pull into a lot on either side of the road. I will probably be on the left parked in the front parking line if at all possible.

Down Rt. 7 or 8 , to Merrit Pkwy. south to Rt. 123 exit (39?) , take left off exit go up to the light and take a left. Follow to Cherry St. take left , go straight , by that time you'll already have been following along with vintage cars. Meet is right next to train station. Zumbach's coffee place.

I'll have to look into this more, but I work sunday, and with the nighttime grocery manager on vacation, I have to cover unfortunately. There is a good chance I won't be there, but it will definitely be on my mind all day sunday while I'm breaking the loads down...

Quick vid of me going through a tunnel. Way louder in person, the video does it no justice.

The holes in the floor make for good feet air conditioning, but with the exhaust being right there, I'm starting to go deaf...

Noticed that the oil pressure is reading a tad high.

At warm idle it hovers around 30 psi and once I get going it gets pretty high up there. I'm running Rotella 15w40, with a brand new oil pump and oil pressure sender.

Should I be worried? I hear the gauge is infamous for giving an improper reading.

Great thread congratulations especially on securing title,determination will always get a result eventually.

Regarding the Cork gaskets on the sump everyone hates,An old trick of mine I use with much sucess on Jaguars is to torque the bolys evenly to spec and use blue Loctite nut lock on them,That way they never back off and no oil leaks in the future.

Regarding the front crank oil seal jess and others and for that matter oil seals in general when you are replacing a seal and there is some normal wear marking on the pulley or where ever the seal runs I tighten the spring behind the oil seal lip section.

These springs have a tapered end that screws into the plain end of the spring to make it a circular spring,When you carefully examins a seal spring you will see the join they untwist to disassemble you can then increase the spring tension to compensate for wear on the component they run on by cutting 2~3mm from the flat end then just screw back together .

You now have a seal suitable for compensating for wear on things such as front pulleys and rear crank seals etc.

Enjoy your Brat over hear they are a "Brumby" which in Australia is what we call wild horses which you call mustangs in the States,Guess Ford would not allow Subaru to call the Brat a Mustang over there.

No parts store has wiper blades for my BRAT, and I needed new ones badly so I got myself a pair of 16" blades and redneck rigged em' to fit.

101_2127.jpg

Shoved the bolt throught and threaded it in enough so that it won't turn itself loose. Then I bent the blades so they would sit nice and straight.

Job done, bring on the rain.

You're a little impatient.

Wipers are out there. Even plenty on eBay. Sit home and let it come to you for the same price and save gas.

New Canaan show was pretty dang good again. Tough for those rich folks not to have good cars and stuff. :Flame:

But , we needed another Subaru there !! Brats are like cheesecake. :D My wagon got plenty of good look overs and a few compliments too.

Haha, yeah, I was a little impatient yesterday for various reasons.

That's good that you got a few compliments about your wagon. Was Wayne Carini around? I know he lives in Connecticut, I'm sure that would be a venue he would probably go to.

Odd that you mentioned Wayne. My Wife was poking fun at me cause I love my Brat so much. Did the 6-lug swap last weekend and was all proud. She said, "it isn't like Wayne from CCC is going to come buy it!" I about fell over died.

Nice build log. As I read through it I became very thankful that my title issue was not an issue like yours. Congrats on getting her all legit. :headbang: