Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My new 1977 sport coupe

Man, I just through some starting fluid in and this thing fired right up and purred like a kitten. So I put some air in the tires and took it for a spin around the block. I found a couple of things wrong with it. No 3rd gear & oh ya NO BRAKES!!! I flew right through a stop sign (luckily there were no cars coming). So I continued my journey using the e-brake. The thing ran so good though. :)

Probably a bad master cylinder, seems to be the usual suspect for these early scoobs. Thank god for the front E-brake though...

3rd gear is going to be a problem. Is it a 4 or 5 speed? I have a spare seat of gears sitting in my shed if its a 4-speed.

Probably a bad master cylinder, seems to be the usual suspect for these early scoobs. Thank god for the front E-brake though...

3rd gear is going to be a problem. Is it a 4 or 5 speed? I have a spare seat of gears sitting in my shed if its a 4-speed.

It's a 5-speed:-\

• 4 weeks later...

maybe you will get lucky and find that 3rd gear....is it all sloppy finding other gears too, normal bushing mia problem? it might still be there, you just gotta search for it. Yeah i know you are aware of this, i had to just throw it out.

If it is a 5speed, without 3rd gear, it is now a redneck 4 speed.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet find. Enjoy her. I love those Enkei wheels i had a set on a BMW 2002 in the early 80's. Came across this website the other day, and it sure sounds like just the stuff to keep em shiney. There are 2 cans on ebay right now for$20.00.

http://www.roadsters.com/gibbs/

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-GIBBS-BRAND-LUBRICANT-GUN-OIL-CLEANER-PENETRATING-OIL-/110701097647?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c64cb2af

Not a problem. Take your time (not too long). I'm just stock piling all of the parts not for the restoration next summer. This is going to be my best project yet. All though I keep getting a ton of people who want to buy this coupe from me as is. I just can't give it up. I'm in love.

Try to get the seats moving soon , trust me....... way busy and body beaten up right now.

• 1 month later...

I just got a ton of parts, but I need more. I'll shoot a photo of what I got. I'm changing the grill out to a stage one 4WD grill and hood and swapping out the gauge cluster too.

I can't wait to get those seats from moosens:grin:

I'm hoping to have this thing put together by next summer.

Hi Poop, I have a chitload of gen one parts, mostly mechanical but some interior and body. Drop me a line if you need anything, I would love to help and I am in full on get rid of stuff mode.

Sweet. I know I need lots of part. I'll get a list together and see what you have.

• 4 months later...