Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My new 1977 sport coupe

Nice! Pretty sure with very little mod you can get the front grill from an early Coupe or Stage I 4WD grill to work , which has the round orange lights and super***************in look in general compared to the '74-77 Stage I squareness. I'm glad you're going to make a mold for that Kamei. It kills me to have mine and not have a space to work in that'll allow me to go to town. I cut prepreg all night long. Uni , woven , glass , E-glass , etc....

This one desreves the nose job.

Hey , you still want all that crap I was/am still putting together? - lights , tail light .... ??

Cheers!

oh, crap I totally forgot about that stuff. I have long sold the wagon that I needed that stuff for, but I'm going to need a butt load of stuff for this coupe. Sorry about that.

I didn't know that the sport coupe came with dual carbs, so I guess this is not a sport coupe, but a GSR 5-speed. I still have much to learn about the ways of the first gen Subaru.

As far as the body goes it only has one small spot of rust right behind the drivers side rear tire, but lots of rust on the floor boards. So I'm going to have to make some new ones and weld them in.

I've had a few gen ones and it seems like the floor boards are always rusted through.:-\

Hey Earl

Knew youd pick this up.

Saw it on Craigslist and was like... hmm, bet Pooparu would like it, so I emailed the guy and asked him to send me pics that were right side up and he said someone was looking at it today. So I gave up, but I see you got it. Congrats.

Cant wait to see the build thread and progress photos!

Holy crap that looks fantastic! Is it actually a "Sport" model with the dual carbs, or just the 5-speed GSR?

I so wish I could find one of those in good shape... I'd sell my Impreza and use it as my daily driver.

I thought the GSR was never sold in the states?

GSR is twincarb but only came in 4 speed.

RX came with 5 speed.

I'll have to get you guys some more details on the car once I pick it up this weekend. We'll get this figured out.

All I know right now is that it has a single carb EA71 motor with a 5-speed transmission. Oh, and a flat tire.

I agree with you on the grill. Someone was using my tow dolly last weekend so I couldn't pick it up yet, but I should be grabbing it in the next day or so. Then I'll start making a list of parts I need. I'm sure I'm going to need a ton, and I'm sure they are going to be super hard to find. That's why I love restoring these old Subarus. It's the thrill of the hunt (not to mention that they are way cool looking too).

I also think it's going to look super cool with this little number I picked up the other day too: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=122735

Any help for you fellow old schoolers is greatly appreciated.

Sure it is ...now git to makin' it a GSR :grin:

Seriously, please explore putting the earlier grill from the Coupe or 4WD wagons. Round orange lights ....mmmmmm :slobber:

Let me know what parts I can take forever to get to you. :lol:

Have steering columns here complete or just cover. Also have a brown dash with some cracks but nothing like yours. That dash has the tach in it from a GF. :grin: I've got a ton of stuff from that GF which was a 56k old lady car. Most everything matches up to your car. And I've got that early Coupe grill too.

Somewhere between my place and ctsuba's I also have that heater unit.I know I have a good shifter base with nice boot. All sorts of plastic including decent remote covers for the inner door handles and window cranks.

Time , I don't have much of lately , as usual. But I'll get to storage over this long weekend and get stuff set aside.

Sweet! You're the best Moosens. I buy everything you got that can help me out on this project. I'm so excited to get this car put back together and start driving it. :banana:

Have steering columns here complete or just cover. Also have a brown dash with some cracks but nothing like yours. That dash has the tach in it from a GF. :grin: I've got a ton of stuff from that GF which was a 56k old lady car. Most everything matches up to your car. And I've got that early Coupe grill too.

Somewhere between my place and ctsuba's I also have that heater unit.I know I have a good shifter base with nice boot. All sorts of plastic including decent remote covers for the inner door handles and window cranks.

Time , I don't have much of lately , as usual. But I'll get to storage over this long weekend and get stuff set aside.

• 2 weeks later...