Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1998 legacy Straight axle build PICS ADDED 06-26

True2Blue

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad the thread got brought back hear where it started Kody. Not going to join facebook and NASIOC is ....... NASIOC. Keep us posted and updatedd with MOAR PICTARS!!!! Cannot wait to see the shirt. Going to do stickers to for "Lifted Wagons" or somethin?

Glad the thread got brought back hear where it started Kody. Not going to join facebook and NASIOC is ....... NASIOC. Keep us posted and updatedd with MOAR PICTARS!!!! Cannot wait to see the shirt. Going to do stickers to for "Lifted Wagons" or somethin?

prolly not just my own drawings for my rig but may send a few out if they wanna pay (only covering my price no bs markup)

Lookin good! I'm enjoying following this. I used to be part of a Mud Bog racing team. We did lots of things people said would never work. Most of the time they did and if not we just changed whatever and tried something else. One of the best was a stock S-10 front end being driven by an alcohol burning 14/71 supercharged all alluminum big block. That'l never work. That thing never broke. We just changed the push button engager to a cable operated rig and let er eat. Have you seen what happens to that transmission if you hang a second transfer case on it? That car would idle up a tree! I just saw a Brighton in the upulit this morning with a sweet full roll cage in it. Couldn't believe it. Good job and keep up the good work!

Edited by bigjimd

i cant express how much i love this build. i cant wait for you too work out all the bugs so i know what rout to take when i start building my legacy straight axle crawler. nice tat by the way i was going to get one kinda like that when i get my next check... BAD rump roast!!!

I am excited to see how the front drive shaft angle works out, traditionally, when you raise the car that high, the front drive shaft wont angle down far enough at the trans/ driveshaft u-joint so you have to move the engine back furthur to get a longer angle, that why the mid engine was always on my mind

I am excited to see how the front drive shaft angle works out, traditionally, when you raise the car that high, the front drive shaft wont angle down far enough at the trans/ driveshaft u-joint so you have to move the engine back furthur to get a longer angle, that why the mid engine was always on my mind

could put a t-case doubler kit on, but that would only net around 6" it looks like, but would help a little bit...

looking for a twin stick set up that will mount to this trans

designing a "bcm" and picking out 2wd, 4wd switch and a hi lo switch i have the actuators picked out. will post schematics if anyone is interested.

Edited by True2Blue

Ah, so you're going electrical? Are you at least gonna use the Toy sticks to start with?

if the setup im thinking it will be works with my transfer case then yes ill run the twin sticks but chop em off at the top and use linear actuators to push and pull the stubs that stick out.. i have some leverage and throw figuring to do.

i have switches and relays all ordered up i am close to done with the "bcm" for the actuators i just need current draw specs/ratings so i can put the correct breakers inline so i dont burn the actuators up when im engaging...

gettin there:rolleyes: