Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HF engine picker

1-3-2-4

i took a larger engine hoist home in a 2 door Subaru XT6, you can definitely get it home in an OBW. i had to leave the windows down and it hanging partially out the window but no big deal. i need to take pictures when i do this. :lol:

there's multiple ways you could get it home with an OBW. even if you had to partially diassemble it, it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

I used to break mine down for transport, and carried it in the trunk of my sedan with the seats down.

I would think you can fit it into a wagon. You may want to remove the jack and the boom to make it easier to fit

• 3 weeks later...

Well #^%$ my motor is overheating now while at speed on the highway (first time in 3K) I might have to take a sedan now... Now I've never seen the boxed up one in the store but will it fit in a 95 ford tarus?

I was going to buy it first week in July but I'm going to buy it next week.

Hopefully they have them in stock

yes, do it. As i stated above, i used to break mine down and transport in the sedan. But i had gl-10 seats that fold down. Just lay the parts across the back seat. Being in boxes will be easier than my method. That, and you will have more room since i carried a tool box and a spare engine along with.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a little update I got it last Friday and it only came in 2 boxes the legs and other stuff in the longer heavy box and the boom and stuff in the smaller square box..

lol lifting the legs out of the cart by myself was a little funny.. trying to get it over the cart and the cart has 4 wheel steering lmao..

Mind you I'm only 125Lb and lifting a a piece that's more then me :lol:

IMAG0353.jpg

Edited by 1-3-2-4