Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru engine mated to a Jeep Tranny?

that should be the A-15 ? from asian ?

its the same as the R 150 front housing, but I beleve the input shaft is much longer, a spacer plate would have to be built to allow the use of the current bellhousing to accept it, but it can be done

so a spacer may do it? I could do that , starter seems may be a issue

so a spacer may do it? I could do that , starter seems may be a issue

no man, Its a direct bolt up, the only difference between the A 15 and R 150, 151, 154 is the input shaft length

they all share the exact same bolt pattern, thats why I included the bolt pattern on the original bellhousing, now all thats required is a spacer, or a new housing could be cast from the original pattern to include the length

no man, Its a direct bolt up, the only difference between the A 15 and R 150, 151, 154 is the input shaft length

they all share the exact same bolt pattern, thats why I included the bolt pattern on the original bellhousing, now all thats required is a spacer, or a new housing could be cast from the original pattern to include the length

so your toyota adapter will work on a jeep

its not that easy

there is a lot of attention to detail to design a functional bellhousing to a given transmission/engine combination

pilot bearings, throw out bearings, throw out bearing holders, custom disc's

everything has to work together

If you want to invest your time, I would be glad to help you

I'm pretty sure the gear trains are interchangeable with those transmissions. You can use a Toyota g52 gears on the jeep ax5 main shaft. I know for sure the fifth gears swap I'm pretty sure the gears will fit the main shaft as well. I would assume that the ax15 and R series transmissions are the same way.