Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey guys, I just sold my 2002 WRX, Just trying to get a feel what you guys would pay on here for something of this caliber, take a peek at the list I have below and feel free to chime in... I have poured tons into this bear... :)

Up for sale is my 2002 World Rally Blue Pearl WRX. First let me start off by saying this car has been extremely meticulously maintained by a Factory trained, ASE certified, Subaru tech. The car gets driven about 1000 miles a year, with my new job I barely have time for it anymore which is what is prompting the sale. Waxed weekly, the vehicle has seen rain twice since my ownership. The vehicle body has 85,000 miles, the Transmission has about 300 miles, and the motor has about 15,000 miles. As of right now the car makes around 600 HP at the motor at about 32 PSI with the alcohol injection, that being said I will list the extensive list of modifications....All Modifications have been professionally done...

ENGINE:

Brand New from Subaru EJ257 STI block and crankshaft

Forged Eagle H-beam cromoly ESP rods

Arias forged Pistons

ARP head studs and rod bolts

Cometic Head Gaskets

Heads have been ported and polished and have a 5 angle valve job with blended bowls.

BRAND NEW NGK 3 steps colder spark plugs

TGV deletes

Hondata Intake manifold gaskets

Walbro 255 lph Fuel pump

Custom 800cc fuel injectors

Aeromotive Red billet fuel rails

Custom fuel system with marshall fuel PSI gauge

Custom welded oil catch can ( recirculates back into the motor )

AR Fabrication custom radiator cooling plate

Front mount oil cooler

TURBOCHARGER/INTERCOOLER/EXHAUST/ ALCOHOL INJECTION:

Garrett Precision GT32S Turbocharger

Precison AS1025 Front Mount Intercooler

Custom 2.5 in. hot side intercooler piping

Custom 3.0 in. cold side intercooler piping

Vibrant performance intercooler couplers with T-Bolt clamps

Custom 3.0 in. cold air intake with BRAND NEW cone filter

Tial 46mm wastegate ( vented to the atmosphere )

Tial 50mm Blow off Valve

Grainger Manual boost controller

IR boost control solenoid

AEM alcohol Injection installed with large nozzle for over 600 HP

AEM alcohol controller

Custom rotated up pipe

3.0 in. downpipe ( v-banded at the turbo )

3.0 in. QTP electric cutout

3.0 in midpipe to a magnaflow muffler

stainless steel turbo oil feed line

TRANSMISSION/ CLUTCH:

BRAND NEW ACT 6 puck sprung race clutch

BRAND NEW ACT race pressure plate

FULLY BUILT PPG GROUP N 5 GEAR STi CLOSE RATIO STRAIGHT CUT GEARBOX ( DOGBOX ) BUILT IN 6 SPEED CASE WITH LOCKOUT REVERSE AND ELECTRIC CENTER DIFF.

Front LSD ( Limited Slip Differential )

NEW STi shifter assembly

NEW Mobil 1 75w90 fully synthetic gear oil

INTERIOR:

Autopower 6 point welded roll cage

Push button ignition system

Factory 6 disc in dash cd changer

PDX tuning wideband Air/Fuel gauge

Prosport Coolant temperature gauge

Prosport Boost gauge

Prosport Oil pressure guage

Prosport exhaust temperature gauge

Prosport oil temperature gauge

( Gauges are housed in an ATI gauge pod on top of the dash)

Custom PDI Tuning Switch

SUBARU All-weather floor mats

AC/DC power inverter

EXTERIOR:

Entire Car is professionally debadged

BRAND NEW World Rally Blue Pearl Paint job

Custom black mesh grill

blacked out headlight housings

Bi Xenon HID kit

Black Lower front lip

STi foglight covers

Rota BOOST Rims wrapped with Fierce UHP tires 245/40ZR17.

Goodridge stainless steel brake lines

painted front calipers

vehicle is lowered on Tanabe DF210 springs

Front brakes have about 90% life remaining and the rear brakes also have about 90% remaining, the tires have over half there life left. This car still has the Air conditioning retained and it blows ICE COLD. This car is in phenomenal shape. Please dont hesitate to contact me with any questions. Send me a private message or please text/ call me at 484 888 0268. Thanks for your interest- A.J

FOR SALE BEST OFFER!

post-23353-136027648505_thumb.jpg

post-23353-136027648516_thumb.jpg

post-23353-136027648523_thumb.jpg

post-23353-136027648531_thumb.jpg

About 30% under market value. That is a ton of crap to have to hunt up manuals and information about when it all breaks. :confused:

7-8k

Asking this type of question here, with these cheapskates, is almost certainly suicide. Never gonna see the $30-35K that has been invested into this car. But, to the right person it will sell for a fair value. Probably not on this site but you will find a buyer.

i'd walk away. i don't need a built up car for any reason. the upgrades are worth maybe half what he paid for them. because they are now used parts. but if yo uhave no use for those upgrades. then its worthless to buy. now other guys. who knows. maybe you could talk some rich kid into buying it.

Thanks for the input guys, your all right, I had it for sale for about two weeks, on craigslist, vehix, and outside of work with a massive sign on it, sold it to a guy and actually made a profit. I'm just curious to see how this kind of car would float with the other Subaru gurus on here.

people shopping for wrx's look for un-modeed examples, because a modded example is assumed to be driven hard and beat up. And then when someone finds an un-modded examples, on comes the mods.

revert to stock parts, sell the mod stuff separately.

But this is coming from someone who rarely pays more than 300-500 bucks for a car

"32 PSI "\\yeah no

It's built to take it.

And ya, you guys are cheap skates!! He will never get out of it what he has in it, but this is a nice example of how a car should be built. All parts have been upgraded to be able to handle the power, and for a long time.

Nice car!! Now that you have sold it, what's next??

No offense is given nor should it be taken by my comment. I would never buy something like that, way too much done to it and like Miles says, it probably has been ran hard. Fact of these cars, you do the mods to run them harder.

Granted, my STi has been at stage 2 for about 4 years. Catted downpipe, 3 inch turbo back, cobb AP. That's it. It has just enough mods to make it simple to put it back to stock in a day or a jumping point to build on.

I would love to drive one with that PPG gearbox though, I bet that is sweet.

Edited by Durania

I'm not cheap. I just look at it with a more institutional perspective. To the right buyer the sky is the limit.

If you went to a bank and asked for a $25-30k loan to buy a 9 year old Subaru with 115k miles on the odometer. They're just going to laugh you out the door. To them it's just a running, driving car. The mods don't make it worth any more than a bone stock car. It has an engine, a transmission, wheels. The rest are just add ons that limit the already small resale market of an STI to an even smaller crowd.

This car was obviously built to be able to handle the power that it was built to produce. Your market is a person who wants what this car was built to be, without having to do the foot work to put it together themselves.

You found that person, made your money back and then some. :cool:

No offense is given nor should it be taken by my comment. I would never buy something like that, way too much done to it and like Miles says, it probably has been ran hard. Fact of these cars, you do the mods to run them harder.

Granted, my STi has been at stage 2 for about 4 years. Catted downpipe, 3 inch turbo back, cobb AP. That's it. It has just enough mods to make it simple to put it back to stock in a day or a jumping point to build on.

I would love to drive one with that PPG gearbox though, I bet that is sweet.

I am not implying that the car has been ran hard, but this is what a potential buyer would presume.

I woud think that buying a built car is a better deal than trying to build one. This going with being a buyer that is familiar with this kind ofcar, and the mods involved.

Basically, your buyer should be someone who is a driving enthusiast that does autosports, versus some fanboy street racer, or overly worrisome suburban type.

It's built to take it.

And ya, you guys are cheap skates!! He will never get out of it what he has in it, but this is a nice example of how a car should be built. All parts have been upgraded to be able to handle the power, and for a long time.

Nice car!! Now that you have sold it, what's next??

Thanks man, I only drove it about 1,000 miles a year, I had car at full throttle only a handful of times, I know what the car was capable of, I didnt need to beat it, the guy that bought it got a deal in my opinion. as of now Im just happy paying one car insurance for my Legacy, just a month ago I was paying for the outback, wrx, and legacy, I have been eyeing the legacy sport sedans of the early 90's. ;) Wicked looking Forester XT BTW ;)

Thanks man, I only drove it about 1,000 miles a year, I had car at full throttle only a handful of times, I know what the car was capable of, I didnt need to beat it, the guy that bought it got a deal in my opinion. as of now Im just happy paying one car insurance for my Legacy, just a month ago I was paying for the outback, wrx, and legacy, I have been eyeing the legacy sport sedans of the early 90's. ;) Wicked looking Forester XT BTW ;)

Thanks man, I should update the thread on here with newer pics and mod list