Ultimate Subaru Message Board

PCV routing for EA82 with a Weber?

My little red Wagon runs damn good now, but I'm trying to figure out what goes where as far as the PCV (and other large-diameter hoses) goes...I searched for a few terms and didn't come up with anything real useful. Perhaps I just don't know what to search for.

I still need to block off the ASV system, quarters in the block holes...right?

Edited by Redcap

PCV is easy, one hose goes to the PCV valve to one valve cover(I used the driver side) and the other hose goes from the passenger valve cover to a filtered air source, usually the air cleaner, but a little after market PCV air filter will work too. This system is important for the health of the motor, so use filtered air. If you have alot of blow by(which isn't common on these motors) you can get away with a draft tube, but a PCV system works better.

You can cut the flanges off and re-install them with quarters underneath, but I used some 1 1/4x 3/16" bar and made some block-off plates. They work great. While your at it, take out the plug for the EGR and cut the stainless pipe it uses, find a bolt or something similair, put it in the plug and fill the plug with weld and re-install it. This will eliminate your EGR system giving you a little more top end power and less idle problems, then you can ditch the EGR valve, and make things look and run better. Also running EGR-free will reduce crap inside your motor, like carbon deposits. I used my EGR studs to mount my custom throttle cable holder for my DF series weber/holley.