Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1-3-2-4's head gasket replacement

Congratulations. And you finished up before hurricane Irene smacked the stuffing out of us. We only got power back today. 7 days no electricity, no water, no sanitation and worse of all, no internet... no USMB!

I heard Westport was bad.. are you near the river? I was lucky never to lose power here I feel bad for some people still getting power back after all this time.

And yeah I finished up just in time very lucky.. I did not really know it was going to come up this way until about 4 days after I was done.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Westport was bad.. are you near the river? I was lucky never to lose power here I feel bad for some people still getting power back after all this time.

And yeah I finished up just in time very lucky.. I did not really know it was going to come up this way until about 4 days after I was done.

Weston, just inland from Westport. For the first 4 days homes had 97% power outage. There were trees down over power lines on just about every road in town.

See ya on 95, or better yet, I'll call you if I need a HG job:banana:

damn my studs with the rusted on nuts must of fell out someplace so the passenger side is just held in with one now.. drivers side still seems to be fine..

Does anyone know the replacement size stud? I'm not buying another one from the dealer.. last time I went I think one was like $6 or 9 it was stupid... I'm sure McMaster-Carr has SOMETHING.

Does M10 x 1.25 sound right?

Edited by 1-3-2-4

• 8 months later...

I changed the valve cover gaskets and spark plug gaskets on a friend's 2002 Forester if it was those two areas he never had oil on top the valve covers leaked on the underside and the plug wires only had oil on them when you pulled the plug wires.