Ultimate Subaru Message Board

**NEED HELP**97 Legacy Violent Shaking Under Acceleration

I've been working alot and kind of forgot about this. Ive been looking into the FWD option tho and was wondering if it would do damage to anything. But since I hear that you've been driving it for a year with no problem I think I'm going to give it a shot. I just hope that I don't find out it has to do with the front differential when I do this. I'd be very mad, but it does seem like the majority of the problem is from the rear end so I think I'll be alright. I'll still fix it eventually if I decide to keep the car, I'm currently looking to possibly trade it, just haven't gotten a good enough offer yet.

The guy at a local sandwich shop asked me how much I wanted for my car and I told him he didn't want it. Hahaha. He still seemed interested, maybe I'll go back and find out what he is willing to pay/trade for it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "FWD thing" in this case means to put a fuse in the fuse holder marked "FWD" by the passenger strut tower. It will give you an answer in 30 seconds.

Now... I can't help you with your issues except for one thing: DON'T use the regular Simple Green on your engine. It does corrode aluminum really bad (ask me how I learned this :( ), which is a shame because it cleans really well. There's an automotive version of the Simple Green that is supposed to be Ok with aluminum, though.

One other thing: I don't know you, but I wouldn't get under a car held by ramps on a soft surface. Personally, I would rather not make it to the Darwin awards.

I'm not going to use simple green, I have some other stuff that works great... Just have to quit being lazy and do it. I tried plain old degreaser and didn't do a damn thing... And as for the ramps I've been doing it for the 4 years I've been working on my cars, the ground isn't really soft... But thanks for the concern. I'm going to pop a fuse in today and see what happens.