Ultimate Subaru Message Board

yay another subaru in the stable..

just picked up a 93 impreza.. its in decent shape, 180k..

down sides, has the ej18, fwd, automatic..

good parts, interior is clean, body is pretty clean, paints still shiny, ac is still cold, and all the power options work.. runs and drives great..

i might be on the lookout for another spare fwd auto trans for it though.. 180k original is alot of miles and the fluid is not so red anymore..

Change the fluid a few times and see how it does. These Subaru automagic transmissions are fairly robust. My 95 wagon is sitting at 180k. It still shifts better than just about every other automagic I've ever owned.

Off topic: What size tires are on your hatch?

Change the fluid a few times and see how it does. These Subaru automagic transmissions are fairly robust. My 95 wagon is sitting at 180k. It still shifts better than just about every other automagic I've ever owned.

the hatch has been long gone.. i actually had it when i lived in charlottesville, VA :) tires were basically 30" equivalent..

my 90 AWD 4EAT wagon is at 213K and still shifts VERY smoothly - if it wasnt for the semi loud exhaust & hearing the rpm changes you would never know it was changing gears. :)

can feel just the tiniest of bumps going from 1st to 2nd, but from there on it is silky smooth.

the hatch has been long gone.. i actually had it when i lived in charlottesville, VA :) tires were basically 30" equivalent..

No kidding!? Can't imagine why you would ever want to move away from here. :rolleyes::lol:

I'm looking into putting a set of 27"s on my sedan if I ever manage to get the lift kit put on it. Don't think it will look quite like that, but it's kinda what I'm aiming for. :grin:

my fiancee and loooovely partner, sarah, lived near there. in palmyra, on monticello rd.

i had to fly my butt ALL the way there, and drive 3,000 miles ALL the way home.

her fine round butt BETTER appreciate, y'all.....

I cant help but think someone is trying to come out of the doghouse :lol:

FWD 1.8 should give you very good MPG and would make a great DD.