Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The finished bondo work looks good. How do you plan to match up paint?

i have no idea, i might just get the closest matching paint i can get.

EDIT:

E-Brake doesn't work because the pads are SHOT.

struggled to remove the rear disc brake because the e brake was holding it, the e brake is maxed out and cant hold the outback,

after removing the disc brake the pads just snapped when i touched one and bare metal is showing.

so i gotta get new Park brake shoes. i do not look forward to changing them, pain in the butt to do.

probably why the previous owner didn't do it. and roughly $40 for the pair

Edited by SubaruJawn

Title is taking Forever to get here.

had local notary check on it, still not in my name.

would have been faster if i did it electronically. i will do it electronically from now on.

my ideal car is a 6 cylinder 6 speed Wagon from subaru

does one exist ?

or do we have to make one ?

Edited by SubaruJawn

• 3 weeks later...
Cleaned the headlights today

Before:

GEDC0121.jpg

After:

GEDC0126.jpg

what did you use to clean em with ? mine need cleaning and was gonna grab permatex and give it a shot..i also read that tooth paste will do just as well of a job..

did you check in the vents to make sure no critter has made a nest ? the 86 brat i had,had a couple nests and they created a odd smell with the heat on..

Edited by subie94

took out the headlight to see what i can do about adjusting it.

after removal i found the plastic busted even worse than i thought.

Pics:

GEDC0624.jpg

GEDC0621.jpg

thought about getting the older outback headlights since they are 1 piece headlight/side marker, to make it look much better.

i know the plugs are different might tap into the newer harness with the older style plug.

I saw your(?) video after buying the Turtle Wax kit for $6 and change at Menards. I did both headlights this afternoon, and I have to say I'm *really* impressed with the result. I wonder if I can use the same kit for the stop lights :)

BTW: I think in the video you (I assume it's you?) only applied the liquid polish and removed it with the wipe included with the kit. You are supposed to use the wipe after cleaning the surface, as it contains a sealer. I used both the liquid polish and the abrasive pads, and all I can say is :banana:

IMG_5725.jpg

I saw your(?) video after buying the Turtle Wax kit for $6 and change at Menards. I did both headlights this afternoon, and I have to say I'm *really* impressed with the result. I wonder if I can use the same kit for the stop lights :)

BTW: I think in the video you (I assume it's you?) only applied the liquid polish and removed it with the wipe included with the kit. You are supposed to use the wipe after cleaning the surface, as it contains a sealer. I used both the liquid polish and the abrasive pads, and all I can say is :banana:

IMG_5725.jpg

Yes it was me, and i know i didn't use the kit properly, i didn't read the instructions.

i just used the clearing Compound a couple times I'm gonna have to get another kit and redo them, hopefully have a better headlight on the driver's side.

a bad habit of mine, to do something with out reading the instructions.

glad it worked out for you.

on youtube Mighty Car Mods video they showed what can clear the headlights and whats best.

Believe it or not URINE can clear the headlights:eek:

i would never use URINE on my car that's completely disrespectful to your Vehicle.

Edited by SubaruJawn
spelling corrections

ok. weird oil issue?

not sure if this an issue.

check the oil the other day its full, next day it has very little on the dipstick, i didn't ad oil and the next day its full again. now this morning it has very little on the dip stick. WTF :confused: never added oil to it. engien was cold every time i checked it

this something i should worry about ? i'm puzzled no other subie i had did this.

thanks for the springs info.

the oil issue is done in the same spot. i did think of that but still this weird.

i told my father he just said i was on drugs.

my xt6 never had this issue neither did the 93 legacy.

i think my 99 did the same thing, but i added oil and that's why it had 6 qrts of oil in it, kept showing low so i added.

• 2 months later...

Put a set of Hella 500 lights in place of the fog lights. They fit the hole perfectly and are 55 watts just like the stock lights so the original circuit can power them directly. About $75 a set.

As for springs, I'd keep the stock ride height as to no mess with suspension geometry but get a set of HD King springs in stock height, not the lift springs. If you go with a lift spring you'll be working out many other bugs that accompany it...

Edited by kanurys