Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

egr?

I don't think so.. maybe rotation direction of engine?

just thinking of something Japan got a Ej25 right? did any of those have HG issues? I know they don't keep cars that long over in Japan because of taxes as the car gets older.. but I don't remember off hand if those motors had a EGR on them.

going to seaman's auto wrecking tomorrow morning.

may not get all parts, but hopefully the 2 main parts i need are there.

RR Taillight & Driver's Windows Switch.

said on the phone the switches go quick. and fog lights are usually busted.

its a Pick 'n Pull type of wrecking yard.

i double the gasket, i kept old one in and put the new one in with it. it still leaks but its quieter.

the header is rusted and busted around the flange. i will have to replace it eventually. but its quiet enough to were i wont get pulled over.

i double the gasket, i kept old one in and put the new one in with it. it still leaks but its quieter.

the header is rusted and busted around the flange. i will have to replace it eventually. but its quiet enough to were i wont get pulled over.

JB Weld does a marvelous job of sealing up exhaust leaks. Maybe using it will make your exhaust system a little more quiet, depending on application accessibility.

I have enjoyed your videos.......very informative and entertaining. Your work is indeed a labor of love bringing your 98 back to life. It is always a satisfying experience, when I have done this, and I am sure a satisfying experience with you as well.

Please continue to keep us posted on your work progress.

JB Weld does a marvelous job of sealing up exhaust leaks. Maybe using it will make your exhaust system a little more quiet, depending on application accessibility.

I have enjoyed your videos.......very informative and entertaining. Your work is indeed a labor of love bringing your 98 back to life. It is always a satisfying experience, when I have done this, and I am sure a satisfying experience with you as well.

Please continue to keep us posted on your work progress.

tried it, just melts away. put it on and overnight it melts after the car has warmed up.

I'm glad you enjoy my videos, i enjoy making videos :grin:

I think JB wield is good for up to 600F something like that.. i remember when I was doing a cut off shield for my HID JB Wield was the only stuff that could stand infront of the bulb and not melt like the other glues.. I was peaking like 345F

i have a welder, but cant weld steel to aluminum.

the jb weld i have said 300 Degrees

i might have bought the wrong JB.

I'm not worried about the leak now, at least until next inspection.

i want to get this Header for the outback: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Legacy-GT-97-05-2-5L-4DR-Wagon-w-o-Oil-SS-Header-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4aacb8a060QQitemZ320725360736QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

pick up a cheap arc welder and weld it up.

seriously there is one on craigslist right now for like 30 bucks...

Harbor Freight sells small welders for cheap as well. If a store is not near where you live, you can still buy one at their web site.

Harbor Freight sells small welders for cheap as well. If a store is not near where you live, you can still buy one at their web site.

I can tell you right now most if not all of the wielders they have are too powerful for exhaust tubing.. I used the 90 amp and it's easy to burn holes if your not careful.

I don't know how to do multiple quotes so...

JAWN- I must of misunderstood where it's leaking from, I thought you said the header flange is breaking, which is where my welder comment came from.

1-3-2-4- I used one of Harbour Freights welder, I believe the 90 amp 2 stage one, (high and low) and built an entire exhaust system for a Powerram I had, the only time I had burn through was on the collector flanges but they were cheap.

tried it, just melts away. put it on and overnight it melts after the car has warmed up.

I'm glad you enjoy my videos, i enjoy making videos :grin:

JB Weld can take heat, it just takes several days for it to really harden up. An inexpensive weld job is prolly the way to go. For my muffler work, I go to a family owned cut/bend/weld muffler shop here in Indy. They do great work for little cost.

i found out i grabbed the wrong JB Weld.

i grabbed the Blue and orange kind.

i knew i should have grabbed the black & Red Tubes.

anyway, not worried about till next inspection.

i also called pattersons for repair parts, they are outrageous !

$50 for taillight foglights $100 cup holder $20 :eek:

rr taillight i bought for $15 at seamans saved $35 :)

My driver's side turn signal blinks fast, it work front and back but blinks fast, also found out my rear wiper doesn't work :-\

Edited by SubaruJawn

i found out i grabbed the wrong JB Weld.

i grabbed the Blue and orange kind.

i knew i should have grabbed the black & Red Tubes.

anyway, not worried about till next inspection.

i also called pattersons for repair parts, they are outrageous !

$50 for taillight foglights $100 cup holder $20 :eek:

rr taillight i bought for $15 at seamans saved $35 :)

My driver's side turn signal blinks fast, it work front and back but blinks fast, also found out my rear wiper doesn't work :-\

If all 4 bulbs blink when using the turn signals, then the problem is prolly a poor electrical connection at the bulb holder with the bulb. My 99 has twice had that problem, and in both cases the problem was with a front turn signal unit. The bulb was not making good electrical contact in the socket. Simply removing the bulb, clean the bulb contacts, reinsert the bulb, and your rapid blinking bulb should now blink normally. Prolly some diaelectric jelly would help the bulb make better contact, but it is not necessary to use that product.

I have found that the do-it-yourself wrecking yard prices are much less then the traditional yard, that will only let their employees remove parts. So, the pricing that you presented doesn't surprise me.

lately i have been cleaning up the rims, they are absolutely horrible.

found Wet Sanding more effective than Cleaners ( made for cleaning rims)

they look 10x Better now.

disappointed they didn't turn out better.

Pics Later

Do you spray with a clear coat to stop future oxidation of the exposed aluminum alloy??

Do you spray with a clear coat to stop future oxidation of the exposed aluminum alloy??

No, but i think i will when i get them better.

i also thought about painting them, since they didn't turn out as good as i wanted.

Pictures:

Worst Rim on the Car

GEDC0224.jpg

GEDC0228.jpg

GEDC0161.jpg

GEDC0230.jpg